Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Raekost's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 5th, 2017 11:27 AM

refill and expiration date

Hello there,

I am currently having a GoPhone with a 2$ per day plan, which is about to expire on May 27th.

I would like to know:

1.) can I still reactivate/refill that plan within up to 60 days after the expiration date?

2.) would a 25$ refill expire 90 days after the activation,

3.) what happens to any money still on the account before the card is being refilled, will that amount be taken over into the new expiration period?

4.) if as of today (May 5th) the next 25$ refill would be made on July 25th still keep the account valid which then would newly expire 90 days after July 25th?

Thank you very much for your help

All the best

Christopher

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes to 1) and 2). If you refill after the expiration date, whatever money was on the account is lost. If you refill before the expiration date, you extend the expiration date of the existing balance. For example, say you had a $15 balance and you refilled with $25 on or before May 27. You would then have $40 on your account good for 90 days. So for 4), yes a $25 refill on July 25 will be good for 90 days past July 25.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks a million !!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What about this:

I have a 25c/day plan with a $23 balance. How little money can I add to the balance so that the minutes are valid for another 90 days? 

Thanks.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

If you  want to extend your account by 90 days, you will need to add at least $25.  The balance currently in the account does not factor into the amount necessary to extend the expiry date.  The money in the account is available for pay per use services.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I had a $45 (+$5) for 6GB valid until 11/11. I used it all already and refilled with a prepaid card for the same amount but it hasn't renewed my plan. It says my balance is $45 but it will renew on 11/11 and for now, I still have low speed data. How can I activate my balance so I can use the 6GB now? Thank you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Wanderlust_07  Adding money does not trigger a refill immediately.  If you choose “change plan” and select the same plan it should trigger immediately. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your answer! How can I change plans to the same one? When I call 611, it only offers me to change to $30, $35 or $65 plans.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

Do the change in the My ATT app

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the precision, but the app sends me right back to the website, where I don't have that option... would you have another way to solve the problem ? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi all,

This topic has been really helpful.

Although, I have another question:

If my plan already expired on November 15 ($0.00), this means I can still keep my account and number up to 60 days maximum, right? (~January 15 next year). So, if by the end of the 60 days (day 58, i.e.) I can refill with minimum required ($10) which allows me to use this amount up to 30 days max, technically will expire on February 12 or 13. As of this last day,does this mean that I have another 60 days to refill again to keep on using my number, and by the end of these 60 days, refill again with $10, and so on...?

Thanks in advance

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.