Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
HARISH GANDHI's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 31st, 2010 2:36 PM

prepaid connection to NOKIA E-71

HI,

I have recently came from India and staying in Canton,GA 30115 with my daughter who is an US Citizen.I was already having prepaid connection of TATA DOCOMO having mobile {Personal content removed for your safety}with mobile hand set NOKIA E-7.I have SIM Card for the same but can't use in USA becase I have to pay roaming charges and it is costly affair so I want a new PREPAID connection of AT & T without mobile hand set.I may be using this connection mostly to talk with my friends and relatives staying in India and some times in USA too.So please guide me whether can I have a new prepaid connection without hand set?Please also show me cheapest prepaid plan for the same.

Thanks.

- HARISH

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

You can take a look at the current PayGo prepaid plans that are offered by checking out this link.  Since texting to 100 countries is included in the Talk & Text plans, you may want to consider texting your friends and family in India rather than paying the international calling rates or have them call you.  (Unlimited talk only includes domestic phone calls.)

Pay-As-You-Go Service

Since you already have your phone (note that it sounds like you have the E71-1, which won't have the US 3G frequencies but it will be fine for US GSM and GPRS use), the best thing to do is visit your local Corporate at&t store.  There they will be able to get you set up with the PayGo plan of your choice, and if you'll fund the new account while in the store, they may not charge you for the SIM.

eta:  Oops - unless you spot something that I did not, it doesn't look like India is included in the 100 additional countries for the Talk & Text plans.  So prepaid service may be pretty expensive if you will be primarily using it to converse with people in India for a prolonged period of time. 😞

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your reply to my querry.I am staying in CANTON,GA30115.Will you please suggest me the nearest location of AT&T'S authorised store from where I can get new SIM Card with prepaid plan for my domestic use?

- Harish Gandhi

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

You are welcome.  Here are the results of a search within 5 miles using the "Find a Store" link from the top of this page - I would go to the second option on the list, which indicates it is "AT&T" (rather than having the name of a third party retailer).

http://www.att.com/storelocator/results.jsp?_requestid=1225696

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

My daughter is having Post-Paid connection of AT&T but her contract is expiring on 15th June 2011.If I take an ADD ON connection on her A/C then what will happen after expiration of her contract with AT&T,if she does not want to continue with AT&T and go to some another service provider?In such case ,whether my connection will continue?If so what will be my liability for paying monthly postpaid charges?

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

If your daughter decides in June to go with another carrier and you've added a line of service to her account for yourself in the interim, you would be able to do a transfer of financial responsibility for your line of service.  At that point, unless there are more lines included in the family plan, you would have to choose an individual plan for your own line; I also believe a transfer of financial responsibility requires a one year contract, even if you've provided your own device.

And I'm sorry - I'm really not up to speed on the requirements for obtaining at&t's post paid service if you are not a US citizen.  I believe a social security number is required, and they will run a credit check/possibly require a deposit.  But I think aside from those things, if you have a US billing address, US bank account and/or credit card, that you would be able to have your own post paid account at that point.  If I'm incorrect about that, hopefully someone with more knowledge re: that aspect of things will add their input. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.