Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
SurfRay's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 11:39 PM

prepaid SIM card

I bought an unlimited everything prepaid SIM card without being able getting a phone compatible for it..it has been one and a half months without being activated, am I able to return it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

is it redeemable after a certain amount of time and/or money spent?

So, you didn’t just buy a SIM card, you also got a prepaid card. ATT generally does not refund prepaid, I doubt you can return it. As far as I know, though, there is no time limit to use the prepaid card. There is a time limit on the SIM card. Once you activate it, you have 60 days to purchase a plan. That is when you would use the prepaid card.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Phone or not, if you activated service on a SIM card, you paid for a plan

Not necessarily. It is possible to activate a SIM card without purchasing a plan. You have 60 days to purchase a plan after activating the SIM card.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

That depends on where you bought it and what their return policy is. Was it just a SIM card or was it a SIM card and prepaid service card? SIM cards only cost something like $0.99, not something worth returning. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Best by sells sim kits for $9.99.  It’s just a sim, not service.  Return policy with At&t is 14 days.  Other stores have different policies, but 30 days is typical.  Check your receipt.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I bought mine @ the actual att store and paid around $65 for full unlimited
service..I got the reciept on my email box. is it redeemable after a
certain amount of time and/or money spent?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

My unactivated SIM card got lost a couple of nights ago, what should I do
next?!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@SurfRay wrote:
My unactivated SIM card got lost a couple of nights ago, what should I do
next?!

Buy another one.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Unactivated means you aren’t paying for a plan yet, how is this a puzzle?  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Meaning that I bought it @ the att store with full service but havent found a phone compatible with that carrier yet...so it still without being activated by me.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@SurfRay wrote:
Meaning that I bought it @ the att store with full service but havent found a phone compatible with that carrier yet...so it still without being activated by me.

That is an active SIM card.  You would have to go to At&t immediately and have a new sim made for your account.   Please explain why you are paying for service you cannot use?   Phone or not, if you activated service on a SIM card, you paid for a plan, then it’s active service, no further “activation” is needed.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.