Explore & discover

Helpful Links

prepaid SIM card

Highlighted
Tutor

prepaid SIM card

I bought an unlimited everything prepaid SIM card without being able getting a phone compatible for it..it has been one and a half months without being activated, am I able to return it?

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Expert

Re: prepaid SIM card

That depends on where you bought it and what their return policy is. Was it just a SIM card or was it a SIM card and prepaid service card? SIM cards only cost something like $0.99, not something worth returning. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12
ACE - Sage

Best by sells sim kits for $9.99.  It’s just a sim, not service.  Return policy with At&t is 14 days.  Other stores have different policies, but 30 days is typical.  Check your receipt.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 12
Tutor

I bought mine @ the actual att store and paid around $65 for full unlimited
service..I got the reciept on my email box. is it redeemable after a
certain amount of time and/or money spent?
Message 4 of 12
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SurfRay
‎01-27-2019 8:10 PM

is it redeemable after a certain amount of time and/or money spent?

So, you didn’t just buy a SIM card, you also got a prepaid card. ATT generally does not refund prepaid, I doubt you can return it. As far as I know, though, there is no time limit to use the prepaid card. There is a time limit on the SIM card. Once you activate it, you have 60 days to purchase a plan. That is when you would use the prepaid card.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 12
Tutor

Re: STOLEN unactivated prepaid SIM card

My unactivated SIM card got lost a couple of nights ago, what should I do
next?!
Message 6 of 12
ACE - Expert

@SurfRay wrote:
My unactivated SIM card got lost a couple of nights ago, what should I do
next?!

Buy another one.

Message 7 of 12
ACE - Sage

Unactivated means you aren’t paying for a plan yet, how is this a puzzle?  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 8 of 12
Tutor

Meaning that I bought it @ the att store with full service but havent found a phone compatible with that carrier yet...so it still without being activated by me.

Message 9 of 12
ACE - Sage

@SurfRay wrote:
Meaning that I bought it @ the att store with full service but havent found a phone compatible with that carrier yet...so it still without being activated by me.

That is an active SIM card.  You would have to go to At&t immediately and have a new sim made for your account.   Please explain why you are paying for service you cannot use?   Phone or not, if you activated service on a SIM card, you paid for a plan, then it’s active service, no further “activation” is needed.  

Message 10 of 12
ACE - Expert

Phone or not, if you activated service on a SIM card, you paid for a plan

Not necessarily. It is possible to activate a SIM card without purchasing a plan. You have 60 days to purchase a plan after activating the SIM card.

Message 11 of 12
Tutor

You're right first option, and the Not Necessarily.." one, you're wrong.
I rather ask to an actual expert because still having any legitimate
answer. Thanks anyways..
Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support