Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
mark456's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 25th, 2014 9:23 PM

deactivated my account

Hi!

I recently want to go back to my country for several month and come back to USA.  How can I deactivate my account and can I reactivate my account and use my same phone number as well when I come back?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

See here ,if you are using Gophone prepaid.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/deactivate-my-account/td-p/3949144

And you are coming back ,and need to use the same number?? Put $100 into your account,that will good for 365 days.And call 611 change your plan to a daily plan or by minute before you go. 
You will not lost your number if you do it this way.
 Put a less $ amount into your account are too risky,because they are only good for 30 days to 90 days.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@mark456 wrote:

Hey!

I went to the at&t store and change my plan to 10 cent per minute plan and he said I just need $50 in my account but I went back to see online.  My account expiration day is about three month after.  How can I extend that day to 4 or 5 month?

Adding $100 to your account will tack on a year to your account expiration date. For example, let's say your account expires on this Thursday, May 15th. If you added $100 to your account tomorrow, your account expiration date would then be May 14th, 2015 give or take a few days. 

Keep in mind that $25 and $50 refills only add 90 days to your account expiration date. If you are looking to play it safe with a long term expiration date, a $100 refill sounds like your best bet. While $100 is definitely an expensive amount, it will ensure that your account remains active for the next year or so. 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

I would strongly recommend taking adidaskid808's advice if you are interested in keeping your current account active during your departure from the U.S.

Keep in mind that if you deactivate your account or let it expire on its own, you cannot re-activate the account or use the same phone number. You must establish a new account with a new corresponding phone number.

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

10 years ago

It was a good advice, however, please keep in mind that the balance in your account is not refundable.
Also, you can add your phone number to your skype if you have one. It will display your phone number when you call mobiles and landlines from Skype.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hey!

I went to the at&t store and change my plan to 10 cent per minute plan and he said I just need $50 in my account but I went back to see online.  My account expiration day is about three month after.  How can I extend that day to 4 or 5 month?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.