Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Want to transfer my Att go/prepaid phone number and account to another device

Contributor

Want to transfer my Att go/prepaid phone number and account to another device

Would it be possible to transfer my number and account to a new phone? I can use only micro sims (different from my current one) in the new device so I can't just use the same sim card.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by shrugcat
‎07-31-2017 6:49 PM

Re: Want to transfer my Att go/prepaid phone number and account to another device

Yes you can transfer your number to a different phone but to do so, you will need a new SIM card. Go to an ATT store for a new sim. They will set it up and activate it with your number. There is now a $5 charge for a new sim. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Re: Want to transfer my Att go/prepaid phone number and account to another device

my phone service has been moved to a new location and the number has been changed. My account shows the previous number and shows the account has been discontinued. How do I access the new account #? 

Message 3 of 5
Former Employee

Hi! Getting the account number is easy, just give us a call at 611 with your prepaid device. We'll be more than happy to provide it for you. Smiley Very Happy

"I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions."
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@Tubby90 wrote:

my phone service has been moved to a new location and the number has been changed. My account shows the previous number and shows the account has been discontinued. How do I access the new account #? 

To log into your new account, use your new number. The initial pin should be the last 4 digits of your new number.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support