Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Transfer Prepaid Verizon account Balance to AT&T?

Highlighted
Contributor

Transfer Prepaid Verizon account Balance to AT&T?

Can I transfer my Verizon account Balance to AT&T?
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by (Professor)
Accepted by Busternutt
‎03-06-2017 7:14 AM

Re: Transfer Prepaid Verizon account Balance to AT&T?

No.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎03-07-2017 6:01 AM

Re: Transfer Prepaid Verizon account Balance to AT&T?

Hi @Pwren989443

Thank you for your interest in AT&T. Just to add a little bit to the previous reply, in most cases, prepaid account are non refundable, so the balance has to be used or it will be lost. This is the case with most (if not all) carriers. Here is Verizon's pre-paid terms of service: Link, and it states the following:

"Can I Take My Wireless Phone Number to Another Carrier?
You may be able to take, or "port" your wireless phone number to another carrier. If you port a number from us, we'll treat it as though you asked us to cancel your Service for that number. After the porting is completed, you won't be able to use our service for that number, but you'll remain responsible for all fees and charges through the end of that billing cycle, just like any other cancellation. If you're a Prepaid customer, you won't be entitled to a refund of any balance on your account" (Source: Verizon)

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support