Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Tethering

Highlighted
Contributor

Tethering

Can the 22 gb unlimited plan be used for tethering?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎09-07-2017 11:38 AM

Re: Tethering

No. The prepaid unlimited plan does not support hotspot/tethering.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Will it be available in the future?
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Lizzym
‎08-27-2017 11:06 PM

@Lizzym wrote:
Will it be available in the future?

Not likely.  They have d the same plan for postpaid (Unlimited Choice) and it is also restricted in that way.

But postpaid also has Unlimited Plus, which does have tethering and you can even put hotspots on the plan. It has other benefits too: faster, free HBO, plus a $25 discount on TV services with AT&T. I suppose they could add this to prepaid at some point, but it starts to get out of the price range of prepaid services (when people spend that much they tend to way other features like WiFi calling and VoLTE).

Also, it's not a 22GB plan, it's unlimited data. The only thing that might happen at 22GB is IF the tower is overloaded, you will temporarily slow down until the tower is less congested, then you go back to your max speed.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support