Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Roccoinho's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, December 1st, 2008 9:50 AM

Closed

Switching from contract to prepaid?

Hi all,

I've been on a 39.99 plan for 3 years now and I'm considering switching to prepaid. Can I do so while keeping my number? I couldn't find the relevant company policy about this, if you do, please post a link to it, whether the answer is yes or no.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

15 years ago

It's possible, in fact I did it.

That said, it has been a never-ending horror-show the likes of which I could have never possibly imagined. I have spent dozens and dozens of hours on the line with AT&T repeating myself about being unable to receive calls from most US landlines. The calls just go straight to voicemail. Cell calls come through as do international calls.

AT&T has been unable to remedy this situation in over two months.

I have been told that my case is pending in front of the Office of the President. Before it reached that point, I actually had fairly regular contact with AT&T. Now that it's hit the President's office, I haven't heard from them in three weeks -- classic.

And oh, did I mention that when you open up a GoPhone account, the money that you deposit is non-refundable? Under all circumstances? So basically, I have $100 locked up tight in a phone where I can't get phone calls. Hi AT&T, my name is lawsuit. Have we met?

Relevant to your situation -- about halfway through this 3 months ordeal, they fessed up that they have no idea what happens when you port a number from postpaid to prepaid and it probably completely broke the thing. They told me to get a new number. I said um, let's get back to work.

See my posts if you'd like to visit the house of horrors: http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=prepaid&thread.id=31445&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

Gee... I'm just speechless. You should get a lifetime voice + data plan for free after going through all this... I'll seriously reconsider!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.