Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Switching from contract to prepaid?

Highlighted
Tutor

Switching from contract to prepaid?

Hi all,

I've been on a 39.99 plan for 3 years now and I'm considering switching to prepaid. Can I do so while keeping my number? I couldn't find the relevant company policy about this, if you do, please post a link to it, whether the answer is yes or no.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Roccoinho
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Switching from contract to prepaid?

It's possible, in fact I did it.

That said, it has been a never-ending horror-show the likes of which I could have never possibly imagined. I have spent dozens and dozens of hours on the line with AT&T repeating myself about being unable to receive calls from most US landlines. The calls just go straight to voicemail. Cell calls come through as do international calls.

AT&T has been unable to remedy this situation in over two months.

I have been told that my case is pending in front of the Office of the President. Before it reached that point, I actually had fairly regular contact with AT&T. Now that it's hit the President's office, I haven't heard from them in three weeks -- classic.

And oh, did I mention that when you open up a GoPhone account, the money that you deposit is non-refundable? Under all circumstances? So basically, I have $100 locked up tight in a phone where I can't get phone calls. Hi AT&T, my name is lawsuit. Have we met?

Relevant to your situation -- about halfway through this 3 months ordeal, they fessed up that they have no idea what happens when you port a number from postpaid to prepaid and it probably completely broke the thing. They told me to get a new number. I said um, let's get back to work.

See my posts if you'd like to visit the house of horrors: http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=prepaid&thread.id=31445&view=by_date_ascen...
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Switching from contract to prepaid?

Gee... I'm just speechless. You should get a lifetime voice + data plan for free after going through all this... I'll seriously reconsider!
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support