Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
lifeisbeautiful's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2016 2:51 PM

Switch from AT&T GoPhone device to a new Unlocked device using current GoPhone plan

Hello, I am having trouble finding information about my situation.

So here it is... I have an existing $30/month rate GoPhone plan. The phone I was using with this plan was an AT&T GoPhone device which I wasn't happy with in the first place, and it ended up broke, but I do not care about warranties or replacement plans due to the fact that ZTE wouldn't help me anyway.

Okay, now... I found a phone online that I think I am going to be much more satisfied with than my previous ZTE Maven. I have purchased a Motorola Moto G4 unlocked GSM smartphone and would like to use my current GoPhone plan and phone number on this new phone.

I already know this Motorola phone is compatible, I would just love to know how I can activate this new phone using my current GoPhone plan.

• May I take the AT&T SIM card out of my old GoPhone device and put it in my new device?

OR

• Do I have to purchase a  AT&T SIM card with the "Bring Your Own Phone" kit? If so, will I be able to keep my existing phone number?

OR do I have to go about it another way?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Yes.  Just swap the SIM cards.  You may need to program APN settings too

image.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

8 years ago

If your Sim card size fit into your new phone.

It will work.

But you will be better to go to an AT&T crop.store and get a new Sim card for free and update your new phone info.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks you so much! I appreciate it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have a newer phone and want to switch over to it. Its an AT&T phone. I'm an existing AT&T (go-phone) prepaid customer. It has everything it needs, my old phone has a shattering façade (screen).

All i want to do is switch my AT&T phone number/service into it.

Can I use the steps above or what do i need to do?

before my next due payment on February 10th.?.?.?. I'll prefer to switch over to the newer phone ASAP (like this week)

Please look help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.