Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Prepaid Feature Rollover

Master

Prepaid Feature Rollover

Does anyone know if you have to buy the same size (or larger) feature package in order to keep your rollover feature balance?

For example, if I purchase the $9.99 1000 messages and use 600 before the expiration date, then I purchase the $4.99 200 message package the day before the original one expires - will I be carrying forward 400 messages?  Or will I lose any unused messages from the first package because the second package isn't the same one?  Or will I only be able to carry forward the same number of messages that I bought in the new package (i.e. 200 for this example)?

Thanks!  Any "real life" experience with this is greatly appreciated.  lol.  I kind of hate to try and just see what happens. 🙂

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 1 of 3
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by hme83
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

@hme83 wrote:

Does anyone know if you have to buy the same size (or larger) feature package in order to keep your rollover feature balance?

For example, if I purchase the $9.99 1000 messages and use 600 before the expiration date, then I purchase the $4.99 200 message package the day before the original one expires - will I be carrying forward 400 messages?  Or will I lose any unused messages from the first package because the second package isn't the same one?  Or will I only be able to carry forward the same number of messages that I bought in the new package (i.e. 200 for this example)?

Thanks!  Any "real life" experience with this is greatly appreciated.  lol.  I kind of hate to try and just see what happens. 🙂

You can mix packages with different sizes and get rollover as usual. You don't lose anything. I've done myself with the $10/1000msg and $5/200msgs packages. The only limitation is (or was) that the new amount (rollover + new) cannot exceed a cap of 9000 messages at anytime, but I don't know if it is still enforced.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Great - thanks for the info. Patico!  I'd hoped that was the case - it may make more sense for me to "buy up" for a month and then "use down" for a couple of months before starting the process over. 🙂
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support