Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Postpaid to Prepaid?

Contributor

Postpaid to Prepaid?

My contract is set to end next month.  I would like to switch to the gophone instead of renewing, but also want to keep my current number.  Is this possible?  I know you can switch from postpaid to prepaid and keep the number if you cancel your contract and pay the early termination fee, but I just want to transition to prepaid once my contract is up, not terminating anything early.

Message Edited by pjindra on 08-13-2008 06:04:36 AM
Message 1 of 8
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by pjindra
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Postpaid to Prepaid?

Yes this is possible.  You will need to go to a store to make the conversion or call 800.331.0500
Message 2 of 8

Why go prepaid you are not forced to renew your contract and once it is up you are month by month also prepaid plans are ultimatly more expensive than the post paid plans

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8
Expert

scooterjes wrote:
     Why go prepaid you are not forced to renew your contract and once it is up you are month by month also prepaid plans are ultimatly more expensive than the post paid plans

They would make the change as per choice, as for it costing more, that is not true, prepaid can cost as little as $8.33 per month; depending on the usage that is being done.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

wilcre:

Why would it cost $8.33 a month?  Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't prepaid the same as a Go Phone and as a Go Phone you pay by the minute?  This information would be useful to me as I would like to convert my service to a GoPhone.

Thanks,
Femur
Message 5 of 8

There are actually 2 plans Pay as you go and Pick your plan the plan option is defiantly more expensive than the post paid plans my Mom use the pay as you go service but because she barley uses the phone she can get by with $15 a month

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

@femur wrote:
wilcre:

Why would it cost $8.33 a month?  Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't prepaid the same as a Go Phone and as a Go Phone you pay by the minute?  This information would be useful to me as I would like to convert my service to a GoPhone.

Thanks,
Femur

$8.33/month is the price of maintaining a prepaid account as you need to put in $100/year to keep it active. The rest depends on your usage.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
Mentor

yes u can move your number to pre pay i wood what till your contract is up i wood  then go to a store and tell them u want go pre paid and keep your same number  that be best way do it .
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support