Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jbug432's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 21st, 2018 11:50 PM

Pay as you go minutes

I live in a rural area with very spotty cell service.  I have had a Tmobile sim in my iphone and was able to put about $10 a month on it which was all I ever needed.  Unfortunately Tmobile no longer works with the cell towers in my area so I have purchased a prepaid AT&T sim.  I can't figure out how to just buy a small amount of pay as you go minutes.  The activation of the sim instructions say I have to enter a code for which prepaid plan I want, for a minimum of $30 a month.   Am I missing something?  Is there something cheaper and easier?  Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, there are pay as you go plans also. I’m pretty sure it does not matter what code you use to activate the SIM card because once activated, you can choose any prepaid plan you want, including the “pay as you go” plans. ATT has two pay as you go plans, $0.25/minute and $2/day.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@jbug432

To activate the phone the first time, a recording will insist you chose a plan with data for smartphone.  No worries, you only need to activate that way, you will be able to chose a cheaper plan before you pay.   The cheapest plan options are $2 per day on days used allows as much talk and text as you like for that day.  Or the 25¢ per minute plan.  Both deplete your funds for calls or texts as used.  

The cheapest option is $25 for 90 days.  If you sign up for auto pay, or pay before expiration, your funds roll over.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Many Thanks!  That is very helpful.    Will I need to purchase a prepaid phone card to put minutes on the phone?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks very much!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.