Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
BluPink's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 31st, 2016 7:49 PM

How can I reactivate my phone number?

I lived for a while in the US (until June 2015) and had an at&t prepaid simcard,

Now I'm back in Europe but I'm going to fly over to Cali for the summer and want to use my old simcard number that I still own because my friends over there still gonna have my old phone number and I don't have to go to at&t again to get a new simcard.

Does anyone know how I can reactivate my simcard number through my online account on at&t.com?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

8 years ago

Gophone holds the number for 90 days. You most likely need a new number.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Is there a way to select a new number from numbers available?

Not that I know of. When you activate a new prepaid SIM card, a number is assigned. I believe you can call and request a free number change within a specific time frame, perhaps you can select then.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

reactivate a old go phone

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

how do i reactivate old prepaid phone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have account from 2016 and I would like to open it again-I would like to purchase the 30 days unlimited min's THANK YOU

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@164BUFFALO Unless you have been refilling your account, it has been closed. You will need to open a new account with a new SIM card and new number.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the info, could not get a AT&T rep yet, do you know how to do it?  When I tried, the message box came back that I had a prepaid phone and that I could not use that box, just a +Prepaid" customer service phone number would be good,  Thanks for your time, Mack

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I have a recently expired prepaid account. I can no longer access the account online because it says it is inactive. My pass code doesn't work. It should be less than 90 days since the minutes expired. I would like to retain my old number. I would at last like to know if it's still available, it should be. I haven't been able to get anywhere with support chat.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@dougorama If your account is still open, then you should be able to access it, however, you must be in the US or using a US based VPN. Access from outside of the US is blocked. If you are in the US and can’t access, that means the account is closed. Unfortunately, the 90 days mentioned earlier in the thread is inaccurate. Your account is closed if your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days after service expires.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I figured I was screwed. It's my fault for not staying on top of it better, but I'm not happy that I never got a single notification from AT&T. There were zero text messages on my phone and zero emails regarding my prepaid account.

Is there a way to select a new number from numbers available?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.