Explore & discover

Helpful Links

GoPhone: switch to micro sim card

Highlighted
Contributor

GoPhone: switch to micro sim card

I got a regular sized sim card when I got my gophone plan, but now I will be using a new phone that needs the mini sim card.

How do I switch my regular sized sim card for a mini sim card? I remember being told that I can switch to a mini sim card for free, but was not told how. Is there a way to do this without having to visit an at&t store?

Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by cielgrue
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: GoPhone: switch to micro sim card

Visiting a store will make sure the SIM is working before you even get out.
You can get a Micro Sim cutter online for a few bucks and DIY.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by cielgrue
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

You should stop into a local company store to get a new SIM card.

You can buy a SIM cutter and adapters online, but should be careful using the adapters as I have saw in my stores the adapters or cut SIM's getting stuck in user's devices and damaging the SIM slot.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

So I should buy a new Sim card
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

send a text message to ATT customer service & tell them the prob. Tell them also no local corporate stores are available & see if they will mail one to you. They most likely will if your account is in good standing. The only caveat is , like the other one said, you may get a faulty sim. The other problem is if it is a gophone account, the corporate stores don't want to deal with you & play you off. My personal experience with 5 other stores, but try the text or email request. May very well workIf not, go to walmart or somewhere similar & for $10 - $15 buy the sim activation kit & get a nano & activate it on your account.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support