Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cricket to ATT can i keep my cell number?

Cricket to ATT can i keep my cell number?

Visited an ATT store and they said no way that i would need a new number.  Is this the case?  Thanks

Message 1 of 18
ACE - Sage

Re: Cricket to ATT can i keep my cell number?

Not sure we are totally understanding each other.   

Totally do not understand what porting a number from Cricket has to do with the ATT Account and plan.  They may be telling you, you cannot add a line to an old Cingular era account.  They have been refusing to let people add lines onto the legacy unlimited plan. 

In these days of cell phones, “out of state number” will be less of a thing.  I have friends who have moved out of my area code and kept their (entire 10 digit) number, and people who moved into my area, who kept their out of state number.  

True, In some very rare cases, a very old regional number can’t port.   When you port a number, you port all 10 digits.   You can’t cherry pick the last 7.  

Is the old plan cheaper?    

FYI, they could cancel the old plan anyway.  Att has the right to change old plans even though they rarely do.  They just raised prices on the 3 year old Advantage plan.   They raised legacy unlimited plans 3 years in a row.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 18
Tutor

I’m having the same problem except I have an Att account (15years) and now I want to switched to a pre-paid! The representative on the phone and the pre-paid website says nothing about changing numbers! What gives!? 

Message 17 of 18
ACE - Sage

@Pmata85 wrote:

I’m having the same problem except I have an Att account (15years) and now I want to switched to a pre-paid! The representative on the phone and the pre-paid website says nothing about changing numbers! What gives!? 

The only way to switch from AT&T postpaid to prepaid or visa versa, is to go to an AT&T store and have them migrate your number and provide a new SIM card.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support