Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
tnhelm's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 12th, 2017 8:35 PM

Coverage difference between postpaid and prepaid

I normally have my iPhone 6 data roaming switched off on my current postpaid plan.  Recognizing that AT&T prepaid plans can use only AT&T towers, would I notice a difference in voice or data coverage after switching to prepaid? (In the USA only)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tnhelmIt depends, on where you use your phone.

You can view the coverage maps, and switch between (or open a side-by-side) the prepaid/postpaid coverage areas.  

In some places, there's very little difference, but in others, it's significant; you'd basically have no coverage (except emergency) on prepaid.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

That's pretty much what I concluded. I noticed another missing feature which is HD Voice.  

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I am shocked the difference in service from prepaid to postpaid. I had exceptional service with prepaid as my contact with Verizon had horrible service here so I just did a prepaid on 6+. I assumed opening a new wireless account would be beneficial however my service now is awful and rather underwhelming.

Store employees state device issue however it’s brand new and is IPhone X. I can’t deal with poor service and I am literally on the way to cancel all ATT services I have due to the unethical and poor treatment received at location Corp location. 

Apple Store states no issue whatsoever and I trust Apple resolution 100% more than ATT. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.