Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
november789's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 9:18 PM

Charged for incoming calls on a $2 per Day plan

Hello, this month I noticed I have been charged for incoming calls that I let go to voicemail. In the past I would not pick up and the calls would not be charged. Is this a glitch or change in policy?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I don’t believe it’s a change in policy, I believe you have just been fortunate that unanswered calls haven’t triggered the $2 charge in the past. Carriers normally start counting incoming calls as soon as your phone rings, not when it is answered. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

According to the Terms of service

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.prepaidPlanTerms.html

Daily Plan: Daily plan includes unlimited nationwide calling and unlimited messaging for a rate charge assessed and paid each day phone is used to make or receive voice calls, including a call to voice mailbox, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. The day for purposes of Daily plan rate charge starts when you make a call, accept an incoming call, or send a message and ends at 11:59 p.m. based on time zone in which you are located when you took action to activate Daily plan. A minimum account balance sufficient to pay Daily plan rate charge required to place or receive first call of the day or send a message. Data: Pay-per-use data service automatically available for basic and messaging phones at then prevailing pay-per-use data rate. A Data Add-On is available for an additional charge for all device types. Once Data Add-On is depleted, basic/messaging phone users will automatically revert to pay-per-use data. To continue using data on a smartphone, customer must purchase another Data Add-On or be restricted to Wi-Fi.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the responses! By that wording "accept an incoming call" it would imply that I shouldn't be charged? Is there a way to file a claim for the charges that were made? 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Surely the party initiating the call or text should pay the complete charge, unless collect calls are made.  It sounds illegal to charge the recipient of unsolicited calls or texts for receiving it.  You would have no way to block such unsolicited calls or text before they arrive, unless you switch your phone off completely, which is not quite aligned with the purpose of carrying a phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.