Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Change from prepaid to monthly plan

Contributor

Change from prepaid to monthly plan

Would like to change from a prepaid plan (smart phone- no data)) to the $35 monthly plan (with 1 Gig of data). Will I lose the current balance on the prepaid account or will it be carried over? Thank-you

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Ken2002
‎10-16-2018 12:00 PM

Re: Change from prepaid to monthly plan

Balance carriers over because you are still prepaid.  You are changing from pay per use, to a 30 day plan. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Change from prepaid to monthly plan

The $35 plan you are talking about is still prepaid, it is just a different plan. Changing plans does not effect your balance. Your balance will still be there and will be used to pay for the new plan provided it doesn’t expire.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support