Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
ingzor's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 1:59 AM

Can't connect to mobile data

I have an unlocked HTC Vivid on the $40 smartphone plan. Since about 4 days ago, the phone hasn't been able to connect to mobile data. I enable data through Settings but there's no "4G" symbol in the status bar that usually indicates I am connected. Text, voice and wifi all work and I definitely have data left for the month. I've been to my local AT&T store and service technicians checked all the APN settings and confirmed that they were fine but the phone still won't connect and they were stumped.

Anybody know why this might be happening?

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Whats the setting u have on the apn?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Name: ATT phone

APN: phone

Proxy: Not set

Prot: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net

MMS port: 80

MMS protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Authentication type: Not set

APN type:default,mms, suple, hipri, fota

Bearer: Unspecifed

I did not change any of the APN settins when mobile data stopped working.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Make it real simple. All you need to do is the following

Name: "whatever name you want"
APN: phone

Go back, and make sure is on the list, and that is selected, or a green dot is at the end, if is not, just make sure it is selected. You are good to go.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I created a new APN as you've desribed, selected it and mobile data still doesn't work.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Did you try And restart your phone?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I restarted the phone and made sure that the new APN was still selected. I then enabled mobile data and it still doesn't work.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Call customer service over the phone and see if hey can reset it. If not, you might want to try it with different phone and see if it works or not. If it doesn't work on the other phone as well, then it is the sim card itself having the problem, not the phone.

Another possible issue is that you might have already used up all of your data usage. So, you might need to buy more data.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.