Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
KarlKlammer's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 24th, 2013 7:57 PM

Buying a Go Phone SIM card & International rates

Hi,

I am from Germany and will be in the U.S. for five months beginning August. I already look around for ways to use my (basic) mobile phone in the U.S.

The last time I was in the U.S. for a few weeks, I bought a SIM card from the other GSM provider simply because I couldn't find a AT&T SIM card only to buy.

However, as AT&T is much cheaper for what I want, I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me: Is there any way to buy just a SIM card to put in my GSM phone? Or can I buy the cheapest phone (at the moment $14.99) and use the SIM card from that in my own phone?

Another question is about the International rates: If I buy the $5 International calling package on top of the basic $.10/minute plan, I need to pay the $.10 on top of my (free) minutes when I call to Germany, right?

Thanks for your answers!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Hallo,

also über amzon.com (US-Store) bekommst die SIM Karte auch nach Deutschland geliefert, kannst auch über die deutsche Kreditkarte bezahlen.

Ja die 10 Cent sind bei diesem Tarif auf jeden Fall fällig, ich habe selbst den 60 USD Tarif mit dem 5 USD Paket für die Anrufe nach Österreich.

Aufladecode kannst du auf pinzoo.ocm kaufen (hier wird auch eine deutsche Kreditkarte akzeptiert) und die werden dir per Mail den Aufladecode senden, welchen du im Zuge der Aktivierung der Karte eingeben kannst, ansonsten musst du warten bis sich das Handy in der USA befindet weil du nach Abschluss der Aktivierung KEINE Möglichkeit mehr hast aufzuladen.

Schönen Aufenthalt in der USA

P.S. Ab 3. August kannst von mir eine Sim Karte mit diesem Tarif und dem 5 USD int. Paket haben, da bin ich wieder zurück in good old europe. Und meine Frau hat genau diese Kombi.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@KarlKlammer wrote:

Hi,

I am from Germany and will be in the U.S. for five months beginning August. I already look around for ways to use my (basic) mobile phone in the U.S.

The last time I was in the U.S. for a few weeks, I bought a SIM card from the other GSM provider simply because I couldn't find a AT&T SIM card only to buy.

However, as AT&T is much cheaper for what I want, I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me: Is there any way to buy just a SIM card to put in my GSM phone? Or can I buy the cheapest phone (at the moment $14.99) and use the SIM card from that in my own phone?

Another question is about the International rates: If I buy the $5 International calling package on top of the basic $.10/minute plan, I need to pay the $.10 on top of my (free) minutes when I call to Germany, right?

Thanks for your answers!

Osttiroler may have already answered your questions, and I did translate what he said into a translator, and it sounds about right. Pardon me, I do not know German. 😛

You can purchase an AT&T prepaid SIM card off eBay or amazon.com. They should be fairly cheap - under $5 USD in most cases. 

And yes, you will still need to pay the $0.10 on top of your international minutes. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.