Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
colbyward's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 19th, 2016 9:20 PM

Bought as a Gift...how to cancel phonennumber automatically assigned?

I bought a gophone online from ATT store as a gift for someone who had an existing gophone account/phone number.  When the phone arrived, it was assigned a new phone number.  We got the phone switched to the existing number, but now do I have to "cancel" the phone number originally given to the order? I don't want to get charged for a phone line that is not being used.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @colbyward, if you don't continue to fund the phone number, it should automatically cancel 60 days after any existing balance on it expires. Did you fund any amount to it or setup auto-refill?

If you did, you may want to contact customer care at 800-901-9878 so they can look into the account, see if you're on auto-refill and ensure any future payments are not set to take place so that the line will auto cancel.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you, Justin.  No, I did not fund it or set up auto-refill...so I think I'm all set.  Phew!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.