Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blocking unwanted numbers

Contributor

Blocking unwanted numbers

I have a ZTE mavens and I don't want to change my number, i just want to block my ex from calling our texting. I've tried third party apps they don't work. My plan is a go phone and it's ridiculous to not be able tho block numbers. If I cant get help for this issue ii take my business elsewhere.
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: Blocking unwanted numbers

If the ZTE maven has a call block or reject feature.  Open call app.  Find his number or numbers, select the menu or more dots, and either "add to auto reject list". Or "block calls/report spam"

These are phone features built into most smartphones.  

If you are being harassed, for your protection let the calls and text come in, and show to the police.  You may need a restraining order.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

It doesn't have those options. I don't need the police, if I could just block him he'd lose the interest to fight with me. I only need tho block him for a short time, after a while he'll think I changed my number Ana just give up.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by THUMPMEBNY
‎06-19-2017 10:47 PM

As a prepaid user you have few options.  No carrier offers advanced features to prepaid accounts.  Including ATT.    https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009412?source=IC2Y0H0000000000L&wtExtndSourc...

You can use an App, like these. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009412?source=IC2Y0H0000000000L&wtExtndSourc...

I use Hiya.  But it requires you manually add his number to blacked calls.   The calls still ring, Hiya disconnects for you.  DU caller has a setting to block calls not in contact list.  

Your only other option is move to a postpaid plan, with any carrier.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5

Download YouMail on your phone and set it up. Once you have your voicemail forwarded over to YouMail, set YouMail to block his/her phone number. Then block his number from your phone and his/her call will be forwarded to YouMail and only he/she will get a "the number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service" message and it'll disconnect the call. Look at a YouTube video on how to do it and I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support