Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Gladesgirl's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 19th, 2016 3:12 PM

25 cents a minute plan

I just transferred a phone to a go-phone account and activated it with the 25 cents a minute plan.  This phone is used very sporadically, so I thought this was the way to go.  I put $10 on the plan, but it says that the unused minutes will expire in 30 days.  What if I don't use the minutes in 30 days?  Can I roll it over to another 30 days until I use the minutes up and then refill accordingly?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately, no. Any money you put on a gophone account expires if not used. Expiration dates vary depending on how much is put on the account.  $10 to $24 refill cards expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 cards expire in 90 days, and cards worth $100 or more expire in 1 year. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What is this 10 cents a minute rate I am seeing, is that an option?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

No. That is a grandfathered plan meaning those that already have it can keep it but not available to anyone else.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I recommend getting $25 dollars refill. Its the bare minimum for 3 months expiration. That what I was doing. It made sense because 4*3months =12months and 4*$25 refill=$100. Doing it this way was better because you don't have to cough up $100 right away and you get an equivalent experience.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So here’s some of my questions.. if per say.. someone passes away while having a 480 dollar balance on said account where does all that money go? How much money is AT&T making off said circumstances?? If  the max amount a prepaid account will hold would be 499.99 and you have to make a payment every thirty 30-90 days and for some reason a credit card or debit card that was being used for auto pay was somehow changed and At&t never notified. How is it fair to take an older persons money and eat it up because they failed to update payment info when mind you there is 400 something dollars still left on the account. It seems as if AT&T is preying on older folks who know no better! Really angers me to know that a company is getting away with such things.. now times that by the number of older folks/ even younger folks that this has happened to.. pretty sure millions and millions are being generated by said circumstances.. pretty ridiculous 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.