Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
KelloggSupply's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 16th, 2019 12:33 PM

Caller ID after call transfer

When a call is transferred from the receptionist to any extension, the caller ID is not shown. Instead, the reception ID is showing. I would like to keep and display the caller ID after the call is transfer to any desk. 

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @KelloggSupply,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: https://soc.att.com/2Bd7cSy

And include the following details:                                                                                           

• Full Name:
  • Business Name on Account:
  • Address:
  • Phone number associated with the account:
  • Preferred Contact #:
  • Email address:

Thank you,

Nancy

AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I found the answer to my questions. The only way for the AT&T Office at Hand Ring Central to show the original caller ID is to do a [BLIND] transfer. Now, this depends on the maker and model of the phone. I am using Polycom Vvx 411; hence, it is under the phone settings. I change the transfer setting from concierge to blind transfer. However, it is possible to have a concierge setting and do the short cut [AT&T Article 8385] but it is a preference.  Below I am adding the link and the full article as they tend to disappear from time to time. I hope this is helpful to someone. 

https://asecare.att.com/tutorials/using-in-transferring-calls-8385/?product=AT&T%20Office@Hand

How to use the transfer touch-tone command

Transferring the call to another extension in your account

1. While on a call, press the number key twice (##). This will place your call on hold, and you will hear the prompt “You have a call on hold, to return to the call, press #. To transfer this call to an extension, dial the Extension number. For more options, press *”.
  2. Dial the extension number where you want to transfer the call. The call will then be blind transferred to that extension and the caller will remain on hold until that extension picks up or until the caller is routed to that extension’s voice mailbox.

Transferring the call to a different phone number

1. While on a call, press the number key twice (##). This will place your call on hold, and you will hear the prompt “You have a call on hold, to return to the call, press #. To transfer this call to an extension, dial the Extension number. For more options, press *”.
  2. Press the star key (*). You will hear the prompt “To transfer this call, press 1. To cancel, press **”.
  3. Press 1. You will hear the prompt “Please enter the phone number or quick dial number (Flip Number) and then press #. To cancel, press **”.
  4. Enter the phone number where you want to transfer the call then press # to complete the transfer.

Key Words: Transfer, Quick Dial, quick dial, ##, transferring calls, Desk Phones, ## transfer

Not finding what you're looking for?