Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you impacted by the government shutdown? We’re here to help.  Learn more 

Amazon Alexa is HERE!

Community Support

Amazon Alexa is HERE!

Great news!! Digital Life now works with Amazon Alexa to automate your life. Because security is very important to AT&T Digital Life, Alexa is NOT able to disarm the Digital Life System, unlock doors, control cameras or open garage doors. You must use the Digital Life App to complete those tasks.

Alexa CAN:

* Control your lights

* Arm your System

* Lock your doors

* Run programs

* Control your thermostat

* Close garage doors

You can learn more about Digital Life and Alexa from our "Popular Solutions" in your Solution Center on the Web Portal.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 37
ACE - Guru

Re: Amazon Alex is HERE!

That would be great, except it doesn’t work well, if at all.

Waiting for an update... 

At least they tried....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 37
Employee

Im  getting alexa for xmas just to control digital life. What type of issues have you seen 123 ?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 37
ACE - Guru

I’ll try again later, but after linking it up and showing “Successful”, it doesn’t recognize commands or device names for my door locks or garage doors. It also wont arm my system, or tell me the status.

These are all commands that are listed as supported on the Skills webpage within Alexa.

Echo recognizes my Lutron lights (10 of them) flawlessly and the Amazon system works like a charm.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 37
Employee

Ok thank you sir, hopefully they can get the bugs worked out because I have google home and got alexa just for digital life

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 37
ACE - Guru

Seems to be working all of the sudden... strange.

I changes nothing.

I already have light control through Lutron, so limited use, but still good to see some development on the platform.

Message 6 of 37
Contributor

I can't find the skill

Message 7 of 37
ACE - Guru

Um, it’s called ATT Digital Life.... strange, huh?

Message 8 of 37

Any word on when compatibility will be coming to Alexa on the Sonos 1? 

Message 9 of 37

Hello there, I have tried to find ATT Digital Life in skills and it says "Yoour Search "ATT Digital Life" did not match any skills. Can you help?

Message 10 of 37
ACE - Guru

It appears the skill is no longer listed - I can only see it in “My Skills”.

Message 11 of 37
Mentor

is this a joke.  don't tease us.

Message 12 of 37
Mentor

To help folks who couldn't find it (i spent over 10 minute trying to figure out what a solution center was since I rarely go into my digital life portal) since the guidance was somewhat vague, here's some helpful hints:

Instructions:

1. Go to your my-digitallife web portal

2. Click on the top right hand corner to expand the menu

3.  Choose "Solution Center"

4.  Scroll down to the bottom for the section entitled, "Popular Solutions"

5.  Click on "How do I use Amazon Alexa with my Digital Life?"

6.  Follow the instructions

Unfortunately, if you are trying at this very moment, it doesn't exist.  Maybe AT&T took the skill off?

Message 13 of 37
Tutor

FALSE ... NOT TRUE.   There is no Digital Life Skill in Alexa.

Rumor is that ADT is buying Digital Life.

Message 14 of 37
Employee

I searched for AT&T and found an ATT SUPPORT skill. I went into that and found the Digital Life skill located in that. It works great !

Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 37
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support