Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Amazon Alexa is HERE!

Community Support

Amazon Alexa is HERE!

Great news!! Digital Life now works with Amazon Alexa to automate your life. Because security is very important to AT&T Digital Life, Alexa is NOT able to disarm the Digital Life System, unlock doors, control cameras or open garage doors. You must use the Digital Life App to complete those tasks.

Alexa CAN:

* Control your lights

* Arm your System

* Lock your doors

* Run programs

* Control your thermostat

* Close garage doors

You can learn more about Digital Life and Alexa from our "Popular Solutions" in your Solution Center on the Web Portal.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 36
ACE - Guru

Re: Amazon Alex is HERE!

@rperkins What is your source of information?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 36
Employee

I found the skill a couple of days after xmas it works GREAT !!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 36
Employee

Seeing that ADT was just purchased by Protection 1, I don't think they will be purchasing anything in the near future

Employee Contributor*
Message 18 of 36
Mentor

Att needs to update their instructions as no digital life skill exists. 6148D625-59C6-4E5C-920E-A9DA78F5DC41.png

Message 19 of 36

THAT WORKED! Though it's bizarre that the skill doesn't show up when you search. Finding it in the related apps of of the Att support does work. 
Message 20 of 36
Mentor

It worked, but the skill unfortunately doesn’t work. LoL!!! Maybe it’s a
50-50 shot because I’m having the same problem that half the reviewers
reported. It either works for you or it doesn’t. It’s very likely the
reason why the skill is hidden? Probably still being tested.
Message 21 of 36
Tutor

Thanks!   I found the Alexa Skill, INSIDE OF the ATT SUPPORT Skill.
Weird!

Thanks for the heads up.
Message 22 of 36
Tutor

OKAY, I Found the Digital Life Skill.   It is Inside the AT&T Support Skill.   Weird, but there it was.

Message 23 of 36
Tutor

The Source of Info was the Tech Rep for vivint.smarthome from Best Buy.

Alicia in Austin

Message 24 of 36
ACE - Guru

rperkins wrote:

The Source of Info was the Tech Rep for vivint.smarthome from Best Buy.

Alicia in Austin

Yeah, not so sure that’s accurate info... just sayin’....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 25 of 36
Employee

have you tried saying ALEXA ASK DIGITAL LIFE TO.......... if you say ALEXA TELL DIGITAL LIFE TO LOCK MY BACK DOOR it will not work you have to say ASK

Employee Contributor*
Message 26 of 36
Mentor

While it's nice that AT&T is finally starting to integrate DL with other services, it's really annoying to have to say "Alexa, ask digital life to..." instead of "Alexa, arm digital life system away".  This isn't required with other products.  When controlling my Philips Hue lights, I don't have to tell Alexa to ask Philips Hue to turn on or off a light - I simply say "Alexa, turn on living rooms lights".  I'd much rather see DL be integrated with Apple's HomeKit.  

Message 27 of 36
Scholar

As a Apple fanatic, I too would like to see more integration with HomeKit.

Message 28 of 36
Highlighted
Contributor

Alright, I got this working with my Sonos One speakers with Alexa but I have found that if I ask Alexa to arm my system away and then come back inside I don't get a countdown to disarm the system. As soon as I open the front door the alarm goes off right away. I don't even get a chance to enter my code. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 29 of 36
Contributor

#AT&TDigitalLife is a scam.

Their front door keypad malfunctioned, and I was locked out of my home this afternoon. After getting the runaround for an hour, they finally told me that they don’t have service techs on staff. If their equipment malfunctions, you’re on your own.

I had to pay a locksmith $260 to break into my home. When I said that I wanted out of the contract, they said no. And they refused to reimburse me for any costs. Total ripoff.

Message 30 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support