For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
elkaycookie's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 27th, 2015 7:00 PM

Closed

2Wire system password

I want to reset my 2Wire password but I don't know my current password. When I say I don't remember the password it asks for the system password of 10 numbers located on the front cover of the power supply (?) but the only number I can find is the wifi password which doesn't work for thei application. What now?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Best bet might be to contact the origional manufactorer with an e-mail listing the serial number and model of your device, and see if they can tell you what the default password is.

Most modems allow you to restore it back to factory defaults, which resets it to whatever the origional was.

Out of the box, most modems will use a logon, something like Admin admin   or say, Admin password  etc.

On modems I've used, the default settings were listed on a plate or paper on the bottom of the modem, not the power supply, unless they mean, where the power cord is plugged in.

Good luck.

Guru

• 

638 Messages

9 years ago

You need the device access code which is separate from your wifi network password - it should be on a sticker on the 2Wire modem/RG.

1 Message

3 months ago

Lol hold the reset button for 15 to 30 seconds for factory reset. The power

light will blink a couple of times when you have properly done it and your Wi-Fi name and password will go back to default as well as the device access code which in no way has ever been admin/admin admin/password, or any other (Edited per community guidelines) like that. I think the telco world is a couple steps ahead of you if you think they are that lax security

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 months ago

@Mneely 

You're the one that is behind. Thread is from 8 years ago (2015). So a bit late to the discussion.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.