ploatman's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, July 6th, 2014 10:39 PM

Still being sent bills for services i no longer have.

I recently "upgraded" from the older basic DSL to the new U-verse, i was told by the customer service agent who placed the order that my old DSL service was cancelled, so why am i being sent a bill for a full month of service that i never received and should have been cancelled?

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

It's my belief that one of AT&T's tactics is to make correcting an overcharge such a long, drawn out, frustrating process, that many customers simply give up the fight.  Don't give up.  You might have to endure endless phone mazes and even a few "accidental" disconnections, and you may have to call AT&T every month for several months because you'll hear this: "The rep you spoke to last month should have taken the charge off the bill.  I'm not sure why it's still on there, but I'll take care of that for you today, OK?"  And the charge will still be there on the next month's bill.

Don't back down.  Don't let AT&T take a penny more from you than you signed up for.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @ploatman 

We can definitely check on this for you and make sure your old account has been canceled. Since it's account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

This happened to my account as well. Changed from DSL to Uverse after we moved apartments and they said we had to upgrade to Uverse.

We were billed almost a full years worth of service and then had to spend 7.5 months (yes 7.5 months...that long) to get AT&T to send us a check for over $600.

The best thing to do is contact the BBB with a complaint. This way an acutal person will be asigned to your case and will contact you and leave a direct phone number to contact them back at with no waiting on hold and no pressing numbers to get connected.

AT&T is a nightmare, I would urge you to never use them.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I see I am not allone with my biling issues.

And I have  the same customer support experience. It is hard to believe this is really happening.

I have disputed our invoice in March, rep reviewed the issue, checked if the modems I was charged for were returned and said all will be good and at the end he sold me a new product (I was greatfull he helped me). I have called two more times in April and was informed all is approved and good. Guess what - and 10 days ago I  received a letter from the collection agency. 

This is not fun and I am tired of dealing with this situation. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

What do you mean by saying 'BBB with a complaint'. I really need one person to look at my case.

Please advise. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

The Better Business Bureau (BBB). Go to their website and file a claim against AT&T. Watch how fast someone contacts you on your time....AT&T is such a horrible company they are never proactive about anything and wait until someone complains to take action.

Let me know if you need more help. I spent 7.5 months dealing with AT&T to get $600+ back that they wrongfully pulled out of my account and got no where. I contact the BBB and within 3 weeks I had the whole thing solved and the money back into my account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.