For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
phiksit's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 3:24 AM

Sent to collections 3 months after switching to U-verse DSL

In March of 2013, I switched my AT&T home phone / DSL to U-verse DSL only service. In mid-June I received a collections letter that my previous account was past due and an AT&T "final" monthly statement which stated that I owed $145 in late fees from this account. Both letters state the final amount due as $163.47. I have also been locked out of my old account and am unable to manage it, make payments or view my past billing statements. Thanks AT&T. *smacks forehead* So now I'm here trying to figure out how to get this resolved. $145 in late fees seems a bit exorbitant, considering my "final" bill totalled $18.27 (from what I can figure).

I'll admit blame. For assuming a smooth transition to the new service, continuity of billing and not checking my mail more closely for this "final billing". In my defense, I did have to spend two weekends trying to figure out why the new service wasn't working properly. It turns out the technician (or local TELCO?) had my new service connected to the wrong phone line (there are two line at the residence), so I had to go rooting around in the basement swapping a bunch of connections to get it working... after I did the self-install and contacted customer service to establish the new account. The service has worked ok after I got it running and a few bugs worked out.

Today I tried the local AT&T retail store for assistance, but they basically said pay the bill. So I'm going to try contacting customer support here and see what happens, hoping for some type of amicable resolution to this.

Sincerely,

Greg

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi phiksit,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

this the second time att has.done the something similar to me. do yourself a favor and switch companies. these people are horribly dishonest and will not correct their mistakes even after admitting they can see you called in their notes.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello lcarr1981.

I just wanted to follow up to see if you reached out to ATTCustomerCare.  I saw your other post where you were referred to reach out to them.  They really are a great team of managers that will research your concerns thoroughly.  It may take them up to 48 hours to respond (after receiving your message). 

If you haven't already, please reach out to them with your name, account number, contact number and a good time for you to be reached.  Please provide them the details of your concerns and certainly refer to your posts.  Thanks so much!  ~Delia

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Update: I sent a private message on Jun 21st with the details of my problem, my name, account number, email address, phone number and when to reach me.

I received a reply from ATT Customer Care that same day, stating: "I'm sorry to hear about the billing confusion. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you with this. Thanks!" That's all I've heard so far.

Greg

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Yes that is all they do. they are blowing you off and will for months.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO US!

For two months, we have been receiving collection notices from a credit collections company claiming we owed $198 to AT&T. For two months, we have been contacting AT&T to try to figure out why we owed anything and WHY we were turned over to collections. Each time we have called, we have never been on the phone for less than two hours.

On August 25th, we contacted AT&T and spoke with several customer service reps and none of them were able to find any outstanding balance owed nor any information on the account number we gave them. We received an email from a Raven H. that same date stating AT&T would investigate the issue and get back with us.

On September 22nd, we received another notice from the credit collections company. We called AT&T at 5p.m. to try to get some answers. After speaking with eight different people, and being disconnected every time they "transferred us," we finally found a customer service rep, Andrea, who said, "Yes, that account number is past due and you do owe $198." Ummmm, how did Andrea, after two months of no other customer service rep being able to find the account number, all of a sudden find the account number along with the balance owed?

When we asked for an itemized statement to be sent to us, guess what? We were disconnected yet again. Finally, at 7p.m., we managed to get through to Kwan, a quite unfriendly and unapologetic service rep who said he would send us an itemized statement for that account number.

And, yet, Kwan was unable/unwilling to explain why AT&T failed to contact us, as was promised in an email from Raven H. August 25th, to inform us of their "investigation into our issue," nor was he able/willing to tell us why this account, which more than 20 customer service reps were unable to find in the last two months, was turned over to collections. So, can any of the AT&T geniuses who monitor this community forum answer those questions for me? Better yet, can we get an apology from AT&T and a call from AT&T to the credit collections company to inform them that the error was on AT&T's end????? #ATTSUX

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I apparently owed 46$ from my last Uverse bill. i could not access it as i canceled my Uverse then restarted it in avail confusion. I got a bank draft pending for 46$ the CSR could not find it nor did i have my old account number avail. my login was untied and tied to new account Number. that may be the case. i could not find any billing or payment history for 46$ outstanding charge online account managment.  It ws not until i stated that I will have my bank block the debit if i can't get a good reason. surely then i will get a letter about it. They the CSR found it. it was legit, and I paid it. I suppose i got lucky. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Customer support...  what a joke, huh. Every once in awhile you get lucky, but for the most part it seems like they don't give a d'amn. As long as they can get some more money out of your pocket.

Anyways, to wrap it up, they sent me another final bill, which they knocked $20 or $25 off of the $163 total... *ROLLS EYES* ... and just to get the whole deal over with I paid it cause your not gonna win with these people.

I still have them for dsl internet service... oops, I mean "U-Verse Internet"  *ROLLS EYES* again... which my most recent bill had a $9 late fee tacked on....  *sigh*

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I totally agree! Dealing with AT&T is like dealing with the government or mafia.....or both - you end up paying them off because, at the end of the day, you have no choice. I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T owns the credit collection agency to which they so "willy nilly" send "past due" accounts.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.