Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 5, 2014
9:47:01 AM
View profile
Is there anyway i can file arbitration for internet home phone issue
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Jun 5, 2014 at 10:19:40 AM

Dear AT&T,

I have applied for internet connection last year when i bought new home and since it is new address/street in that Neoghbourhood, ATT already reached MAXIMUM ports for Internet. 

When i called ATT for first time, sales representative told me that ports are maxed out so cannot grant a internet connection, but when i called second time to see if there were any ports open so that i can get internet connection, sales representative on that day told me that if i take Home Phone then there will be a chance of getting internet connection. So, i told him about the first conversation to make sure, that he knows that ports were maxed out. He assured me that if i take home phone along with Internet as bundle, they will provide me internet, and if they can't provide internet service then i can cancel my service and there won't be any charges. 

As per his assurance that i will get internet, i went ahead and order service. ATT guy, came and installed Home Phone, and when i asked that guy what happenned to internet, he said there is no internet , if you want you can call, Customer support and enquire. When i called Customer support they said, there is no interenet, so i told them to cancel the service.

After one month i got a bill of around 45$, so i immediately called customer care and told them that i won't pay as promised they didn't provide me service, and i thought the issue is settled.

Now, the actual issue started when i went to purchase my new car, they pulled my credit on May 21st and they denied low interest rate because of low credit due to Collection filed by ATT for this service in the month of march 2014.

I called ATT and disputed this and, amount got removed but it is not going to benefit me for the next two months as the Credit Unions will take at least 30-45 days to correct this issue and restore my credit score and then only i can buy car, but since my parents already came and i need a bigger van , and i don't want to pay more for not a fault of mine.

Please let me know how to proceed on this.

Any help in this regard is greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepak

[Per community Guidelines, Forums are not a venue for discussions of legal matters]

Dear AT&T,

I have applied for internet connection last year when i bought new home and since it is new address/street in that Neoghbourhood, ATT already reached MAXIMUM ports for Internet. 

When i called ATT for first time, sales representative told me that ports are maxed out so cannot grant a internet connection, but when i called second time to see if there were any ports open so that i can get internet connection, sales representative on that day told me that if i take Home Phone then there will be a chance of getting internet connection. So, i told him about the first conversation to make sure, that he knows that ports were maxed out. He assured me that if i take home phone along with Internet as bundle, they will provide me internet, and if they can't provide internet service then i can cancel my service and there won't be any charges. 

As per his assurance that i will get internet, i went ahead and order service. ATT guy, came and installed Home Phone, and when i asked that guy what happenned to internet, he said there is no internet , if you want you can call, Customer support and enquire. When i called Customer support they said, there is no interenet, so i told them to cancel the service.

After one month i got a bill of around 45$, so i immediately called customer care and told them that i won't pay as promised they didn't provide me service, and i thought the issue is settled.

Now, the actual issue started when i went to purchase my new car, they pulled my credit on May 21st and they denied low interest rate because of low credit due to Collection filed by ATT for this service in the month of march 2014.

I called ATT and disputed this and, amount got removed but it is not going to benefit me for the next two months as the Credit Unions will take at least 30-45 days to correct this issue and restore my credit score and then only i can buy car, but since my parents already came and i need a bigger van , and i don't want to pay more for not a fault of mine.

Please let me know how to proceed on this.

Any help in this regard is greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepak

[Per community Guidelines, Forums are not a venue for discussions of legal matters]

Is there anyway i can file arbitration for internet home phone issue

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 10:22:08 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, dj2119sm!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. We would be happy to help in any way we can, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the frustration.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, dj2119sm!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. We would be happy to help in any way we can, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the frustration.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Is there anyway i can file arbitration for internet home phone issue

2 of 2 (365 Views)