richwilliams's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 14th, 2013 12:48 AM

Closed

How can I escalate a billing issue?

How can I escalate a problem past the customer service people who answer the phone to someone who can understand the problem and has the authority to actually do something?  I've been trying to get problems solved since August.  Every month I spend about an hour on the phone recapping everything, they apologize, say they will fix it and nothing happens.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

Just saying when repeated efforts fail there are options, not that I
prefer them. Navigation of customer service team is a nightmare at the
very least. And I have found far too many on the customer service team to
be disrepectful and no value.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the exact same problem right now, Decided 2015. ATT Customer Device reps just bounce customers around and don't resolve any billing issues. NOBODY AT AT&T IS EMPOWERED TO RESOLVE OR CORRECT BILLING ISSUES. The most terrible and uncaring people in the industry.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Yeah, cancel your account when they still owe you $155 dollars, that you only paid because they advised you that would be the only way to stop an additional $50 appearing on your bill every month? I'll cancel once I get my money back. In retrospect, I should have just paid the $50 bucks and canceled two months ago and ate the cost. I don't think I"ll ever get it back even though the promise an account credit every time I talk to them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have spent over 20 hours on the phone trying to fix a billing error. I have been transfered all over the united states having to explain over and over the problem with my bill. I was told in October is was fixed. Now I just received a bill from collections. PLEASE HELP ME!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

At this point, your best bet is to send a message to the cusomer care team, using the information below:

ick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.

Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

These links just take you to another spot in this forum, was that intentional?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was ordering Dish network and they don't have internet service, once the tech was in home he indicate that the service can not be installed, and apartment management do not allow disc installations, but they already order internet at  ATT company, and they was activating the service immediately they dispatch the box, big problem. Now ATT is charging installations fees due to the service activation when even the box was never open having the modem. No what I can do, several time we have contacted ATT let them know that we never had a service my account is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information], the account was never activated, [Edited to comply with Guidelines] I have all my family to testify.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I realized that ATT overbilled me for an 8 month period after I attempted to bundle my ATT/DirectTV. I am absolutely livid. I've tried talking to customer service and even have a transcript of the electronic conversation where they admitted that there was a mistake on the billing. I was told that my account was being referred to the financial services department and that someone would followup with me in 5 days. I have not received a response. I am going to pursue them for fraud. 

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@FraudComp

You have to go to arbitration before you can actually go to a regular court....

Call your local consumer affairs bureau or other related state consumer affairs agency and ask them how you go to an arbirtration hearing with AT&T...you have evidence that they have made an error and have not corrected it. If you go to the arbitration hearing you will win, and get your money back. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was advised by a store rep to switch to a plan that would have all of my current services under one bill: (Home phone, internet, cable and cell phone) for which I already had all of these with ATT and directv. It has been nothing but a problem with incorrect billing, over billing and auto debitting from my bank account and spending numerous hours on phone and instore trying to get this corrected. I never had a problem with ATT before this and Now I would NEVER suggest or recommend them to anyone for anything. Need a refund and the bill corrected but can not get any help!!!!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

You need to contact the office of the President at AY&T. Their Board of Directors are public and write to them as well. They are a regulated industry and depending on where you live you may want to contact the BBB, your state Attorney General and your State Public Utility Commission. You must be relentless and determined. Good luck.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.