richwilliams's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 14th, 2013 12:48 AM

Closed

How can I escalate a billing issue?

How can I escalate a problem past the customer service people who answer the phone to someone who can understand the problem and has the authority to actually do something?  I've been trying to get problems solved since August.  Every month I spend about an hour on the phone recapping everything, they apologize, say they will fix it and nothing happens.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I also have a problem with the billing, tried cust service - talked to 2 reps, att has the worst cust service in the world, i am more angry now than when i started, - paid 600 dollars for 3 months of service internet and t.v- early termination fee, they just dont care about their customers, at least i will enjoy shareing my att horror story with anyone who will listen, maybe i can single handedly bring them to bankrupcy, but I suspect there are alot like me, judging from the experience i had with their cust no service

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

@whodu2 wrote:

I also have a problem with the billing, tried cust service - talked to 2 reps, att has the worst cust service in the world, i am more angry now than when i started, - paid 600 dollars for 3 months of service internet and t.v- early termination fee, they just dont care about their customers, at least i will enjoy shareing my att horror story with anyone who will listen, maybe i can single handedly bring them to bankrupcy, but I suspect there are alot like me, judging from the experience i had with their cust no service

Actually, COMCAST has the worlds worst customer service record in the world, and keep in mind, that is of ALL companies that offer any kind of customer service.

To be fair, in the last poll I saw by wall street journal, ATT is only the 10th worst.

The following is my personal opinion only: I think ATT does care for its customers, in a general sense, but it is so big (remember, it is international as well, and even just bought out one of the biggest telecoms in Mexico, not to mention adding DirecTV to it's porfolio) that I think it just has a hard time dealing with individual customers.

It also does not help that most of their CSR's seem to be contract emploiees who work out of call centers in locations not even in this country, and really, just work off of a script, rather than having a personal knowledge of what folks call them for.

To be fair, i've had to call customer service a time or two, luckily over things minor (charged for a 3 way call i did not make, and so on) and was credited off my bill with no hastle, so I can't say i've experianced the bad service, except in the most general sense.

With the positive results i've heard from the customer care team, hopefully one has tried them, if the phone calls don't seem to work.

In any case, good luck, hope your issue gets resolved to your satifaction.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been dealing with the same problem for MONTHS. They sent me 2 modems because mine was causing my internet to go on and off (I still have the problem after 2 new ones). They didn't tell me at the time I had to return the old one and the one after that. I wasn't supposed to be charged for them. I returned both and they somehow got lost or something. They keep charging me and I call every month to get it taken off my bill. I've talked to supervisors and they all tell me that they are taking it off but when the next bill comes it's still on there. It's so aggravating having to retell them over and over!!!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

I experience billing issues every month.  It is exhausting to just think about dealing with the countless number of people that cannot make a decision of help, getting cut off, and having to explain the situation all over and over again.

I constantly have issues with my bill and have engaged the BBB to help resolve.  I finally get something in writing from the BBB that came from AT&T to resolve my overbilling and now AT&T wants to change it all, increase the price, and sell me more products that I frankly have no interest in.  I spent 4 hours today with customer service, many were kind but one is particular was  the worse customer service rep I have ever dealth with.  Teon kept trying to sell me more products and would not provide anything in the way of confirmation of changes.  Been through that many times and unless you have a name, employee ID or something in writing from the BBB, you are wasting your time.  I shot 4 hours today.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

My experience with AT&T Customer Care has not been positive.  Impossible to get anyone that can live up to what they say.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

You are correct.  I am about to turn this over to the KY Attorney General, the FCC, and the BBB.  I am tired and exhausted dealing with the same billing issues over and over again.  Such a shame because I do like the Uverse product, but TWC is now offering a packing in my area that includes 30mbps internet, phone, and tv bundle for $89 a month.  AT&T keeps billing me $214 for use TV and internet which is wrong and they confirmed it is wrong to the BBB in July but yet can't get it right.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Until AT&T can get my billing correct and consistent, I have NO plan to remotely consider going to auto payment.  It would be insane to agree for AT&T to automatically take funds from your account until you know what the charges are and right now they cannot to that.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have spent 3-4 hours trying to resolve a bill that may or may not exist, even though i finally received a paper bill (actually 2 on the same day) after repeated robocalls and countless AT&T personnel with NO resolution. I have even gotten to the point that $59 isnt worth the headaches so i tried to pay it and cant even do that?????  How do you bill someone, harass them beat them to the point they would rather pay the money then deal with this THEN NOT let them pay the bill when they try?    Here is the kicker, I AM NOT EVEN A CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have actually ripped hair out of my head from over billing issues. I was promised a rate of $40 per month for lousy internet. It was a $51 month package and I told the rep, never mind, I will go somewhere else but then he said, "wait, wait" and supposedly talked to his rep and they "authorized" a $40 deal on the internet. He also said the $99 fee would be broken up into payments. That NEVER happened. I got a bill for $150 for my first month's service. And sitting on the phone gets you NOWHERE - they won't even escalate the issue now - they claim they read the notes on my account but still, my price keeps creeping up!

I have had non stop internet outages and they have told me to do the most ridiculous things to fix it. But the biggest problem is that the bait and switch deal is defunct. It was an outright LIE ATT told me. I get bills for $76, $78, every month. So they lied about the service originally being $51 and lied that they gave me a special $40 deal. These amounts may not seem like much but I'm on a real fixed income. 

I am going to get as far away from ATT for the rest of my life and never look back. They are con artists, liars and used car salesmen. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

You need to escalate to att corporate. Their annual report is online and
you can get names and phone numbers there.

I agree their customer service sucks big time. Only resolution I ever got
was by going as far over their heads as possible then report the issue to
the State Attorney General, FCC, and Better Business Bureau. Use every
outlet you can and make a stink. That is the only way you will get
satisfaction and post on Facebook too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.