Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 12, 2014
11:19:48 PM
View profile
Getting charged for cancelled service!

Dear ATT,

I cancelled my service with you in June and received a confirmation number.  Obviously it's to confirm that the workers don't do their work.  How is it that I am still being billed for July and August when I no longer have your service?  Deceitful? Yes! 

Look at your message board at how many people are still getting charged after cancelling service.  You're trying to make money off of people probably through their automatic payments.  Or you are unfairly reporting people to the credit bureau for not paying.  Both of which are not our faults as the consumer.

I need to bill you for the extra time it's going to take me to contact your billing department to get this rectified.  I will assume I will receive another confirmation number which may or may not do anything.  This is the very reason I left!  I was tired of being on the phone for 30-60 minutes only to not have my issue resolved and to have more issues.  I should be charging you for my time because I should be done with ATT, but I'm not. 

Contact me and get this solved.  It shouldn't be my issue, and I expect a credit for the extra time I have to spend on this issue.  Plus I had horrible Internet service, but it was better to deal with spotty internet rather than calling and having my issues become worse.

Angela

Dear ATT,

I cancelled my service with you in June and received a confirmation number.  Obviously it's to confirm that the workers don't do their work.  How is it that I am still being billed for July and August when I no longer have your service?  Deceitful? Yes! 

Look at your message board at how many people are still getting charged after cancelling service.  You're trying to make money off of people probably through their automatic payments.  Or you are unfairly reporting people to the credit bureau for not paying.  Both of which are not our faults as the consumer.

I need to bill you for the extra time it's going to take me to contact your billing department to get this rectified.  I will assume I will receive another confirmation number which may or may not do anything.  This is the very reason I left!  I was tired of being on the phone for 30-60 minutes only to not have my issue resolved and to have more issues.  I should be charging you for my time because I should be done with ATT, but I'm not. 

Contact me and get this solved.  It shouldn't be my issue, and I expect a credit for the extra time I have to spend on this issue.  Plus I had horrible Internet service, but it was better to deal with spotty internet rather than calling and having my issues become worse.

Angela

Getting charged for cancelled service!

5 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2014 8:45:42 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, missmightyfish!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're still being billed for a canceled account. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, missmightyfish!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're still being billed for a canceled account. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Getting charged for cancelled service!

2 of 6 (909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2014 5:50:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

I too am still being charged for my service that was canceled in June 2014. I've called CS at least 3 times, and the last time requested to speak with a manager only to be transferred back to the automated system and then told by the 5th person I spoke to that all managers were in a meeting and someone would call me back...still waiting on that call. I need this rectified, and I don't want to keep WASTING my time handling this. Someone needs to call me ASAP or I will be reporting you for fraudulent business practices.

I too am still being charged for my service that was canceled in June 2014. I've called CS at least 3 times, and the last time requested to speak with a manager only to be transferred back to the automated system and then told by the 5th person I spoke to that all managers were in a meeting and someone would call me back...still waiting on that call. I need this rectified, and I don't want to keep WASTING my time handling this. Someone needs to call me ASAP or I will be reporting you for fraudulent business practices.

3 of 6 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2014 6:17:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

I recommend posting a new thread with your situation.  It seems that somehow they respond better when it's out in a forum vs. us calling them.  Makes you wonder about customer service.

I sent them a private message after they told me to send one.  My case got transferred 3 times, but they say that I have been credited and I owe nothing.  I'm not holding my breath, but at least they were contacting me.

They should be reported to the BBB due to the amount of charges being made on "closed" accounts. 

I hope it gets resolved for you and you too no longer have to deal with ATT.

I recommend posting a new thread with your situation.  It seems that somehow they respond better when it's out in a forum vs. us calling them.  Makes you wonder about customer service.

I sent them a private message after they told me to send one.  My case got transferred 3 times, but they say that I have been credited and I owe nothing.  I'm not holding my breath, but at least they were contacting me.

They should be reported to the BBB due to the amount of charges being made on "closed" accounts. 

I hope it gets resolved for you and you too no longer have to deal with ATT.

4 of 6 (878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2014 12:57:00 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi @furnisha.davis 

Please send us a private message using the link in Mariana's post above. All account specific issues need to be addressed offline.

Thank  you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hi @furnisha.davis 

Please send us a private message using the link in Mariana's post above. All account specific issues need to be addressed offline.

Thank  you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2014 8:58:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 23, 2014 at 9:00:35 PM

I spent over 5 hours on the phone with CS on 3 different occasions. I canceled my account in June and paid all fees upfront. I've now been charged 2 times since then for almost 200 each time. They have 24 hours to credit my money back into my account. I have names and employee ID number for all 17 people I spoke with to resolve my issue.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

I spent over 5 hours on the phone with CS on 3 different occasions. I canceled my account in June and paid all fees upfront. I've now been charged 2 times since then for almost 200 each time. They have 24 hours to credit my money back into my account. I have names and employee ID number for all 17 people I spoke with to resolve my issue.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Skip the BBB and file a law suit. I spent over 5 hours on...

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (732 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments