JeffTks's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 12th, 2013 8:04 PM

Dropping land line - beware!!

All beware, we just called to drop land line and keep DSL. The operator at ATT said no problem, your phone will turn off Thur. Nothing happend on Thur and Friday a ATT person showed up without warning with a modem in his hand saying he was to install NEW service. My previous phone and internet service was closed. My NEW DSL was the same according to the service guy. I get a letter from that GREAT ATT saying now my DSL is more money and now Im limited to a data plan.

What a load of crap. You cant talk to anyone at ATT. NO one knows anything and the others I cant understand. As soon as I can drop ATT I will.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, JeffTks!

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about all the confusion surrounding your service change. I completely understand your frustration. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate and get this sorted out as quickly as possible.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You should get a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, I am always available if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

My land line keeps going out and I believe it is the Motorola modem.  We have had four technicians come out and each has replaced the modem, some have done some wiring and one put in a battery back up.  All of them seemed to know what they were doing at the time, but within a day, the line would go out again.  It goes out two or three times a day that I know about, even while I am talking on the phone, once while I was talking to an ATT rep.  I think those modems are crap.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @curmck,

I apologize about the inconveniences. We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I am tired of all the apolagies with no real help.? We have had four techs here who all seem to know what they are doing, but they are not given something to cure the problems.? We now have the fourth modem which is doing the same thing the others did, dropping the line several times a day.? Like other people, I think the modems are junk.?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.