Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 20, 2013
12:05:45 PM
View profile
Doubled price without explanation

Hello, first, thanks for reading this.

I''m a DSL user, and I've been a customer for more than a year. From then till last month, my bill had been $19.90. But just earlier, I got the bill for this month, and it has been doubled, to $38.00. So I wanna ask what's the reason for such a big increase in internet fee, since I don't use homephone service.
Any answer is appreciated.

I''m a DSL user, and I've been a customer for more than a year. From then till last month, my bill had been $19.90. But just earlier, I got the bill for this month, and it has been doubled, to $38.00. So I wanna ask what's the reason for such a big increase in internet fee, since I don't use homephone service.

Accepted Solution

Doubled price without explanation

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 20, 2013 1:49:21 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:34:55 AM

LongPham wrote:

LongPham,

Hello and welcome to the forum. When signing up for DSL there is usually an introductory price that will run for a certain amount of time, after the allotted time the price will increase to the full cost of your service.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

LongPham wrote:

LongPham,

Hello and welcome to the forum. When signing up for DSL there is usually an introductory price that will run for a certain amount of time, after the allotted time the price will increase to the full cost of your service.

James

Re: Doubled price without explanation

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,916 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 1:23:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
I've had the same thing happen, and I don't remember being told this when I signed up, but I have no doubt it was somewhere in the fine print, so I'm sure it's not worth disputing.

$40 seems insanely high for "supposed" speeds of 3 mbps (usually closer to 1.5 when I check), so unless there are other promotional deals that I can switch to, I've probably got to explore other options. But I can't tell if I am locked into a contract or not. Am I paying month-to-month?
I've had the same thing happen, and I don't remember being told this when I signed up, but I have no doubt it was somewhere in the fine print, so I'm sure it's not worth disputing.

$40 seems insanely high for "supposed" speeds of 3 mbps (usually closer to 1.5 when I check), so unless there are other promotional deals that I can switch to, I've probably got to explore other options. But I can't tell if I am locked into a contract or not. Am I paying month-to-month?

3 of 4 (1,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 7:02:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

FYI.

Yes it has been a year and my bill just went from 14.95 to 40.00. What a shocker. Way to much to spend for basic internet access. I'm checking with billing support to either cancel or get another promotional rate. Any suggestions?

Thank You,

W

FYI.

Yes it has been a year and my bill just went from 14.95 to 40.00. What a shocker. Way to much to spend for basic internet access. I'm checking with billing support to either cancel or get another promotional rate. Any suggestions?

Thank You,

W

4 of 4 (1,062 Views)