LongPham's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 8:05 PM

Doubled price without explanation

Hello, first, thanks for reading this.

I''m a DSL user, and I've been a customer for more than a year. From then till last month, my bill had been $19.90. But just earlier, I got the bill for this month, and it has been doubled, to $38.00. So I wanna ask what's the reason for such a big increase in internet fee, since I don't use homephone service.
Any answer is appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@LongPham wrote:

Hello, first, thanks for reading this.

I''m a DSL user, and I've been a customer for more than a year. From then till last month, my bill had been $19.90. But just earlier, I got the bill for this month, and it has been doubled, to $38.00. So I wanna ask what's the reason for such a big increase in internet fee, since I don't use homephone service.
Any answer is appreciated.

LongPham,

Hello and welcome to the forum. When signing up for DSL there is usually an introductory price that will run for a certain amount of time, after the allotted time the price will increase to the full cost of your service.

James

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I've had the same thing happen, and I don't remember being told this when I signed up, but I have no doubt it was somewhere in the fine print, so I'm sure it's not worth disputing.

$40 seems insanely high for "supposed" speeds of 3 mbps (usually closer to 1.5 when I check), so unless there are other promotional deals that I can switch to, I've probably got to explore other options. But I can't tell if I am locked into a contract or not. Am I paying month-to-month?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

FYI.

Yes it has been a year and my bill just went from 14.95 to 40.00. What a shocker. Way to much to spend for basic internet access. I'm checking with billing support to either cancel or get another promotional rate. Any suggestions?

Thank You,

W

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.