sheldust2's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 1:59 AM

DSL Overages......

I have had Dri-Loop DSL for a while now with no problems. All of the sudden I was slammed with 3 data overage packs at $10 a each! We haven't changed any of our habits or added any new devices etc. I've already checked my usage for this new cycle and it's showing 39.85 of 150 gb used already!

Anyone else having overage issues all of the sudden?

Thanks!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

All I can say is, I very rarly go over 100-110 gigs of data usage in a month.

Hopefully, you can figure out whats butrning up your data. If you have wifi, is it possible one of your neighbors could be pirating your signal? You can always check the security log for unauthorized logins.

other than that, one can only sugest checking for any devices leaching the internet connection. (Phones are back about this over hot spots, for instance.

Good luck.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm so frustrated! I'm going to change all the ID & password info for our router for starters.

I just don't understand how you can go months on end with no overages and then out of the blue it starts happening when you haven't changed any habits.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

For YEARS I never had a single overage charge. Now, every month I have from 20 to 40 dollars in overages. I call AT&T and they sometimes credit me but it doesn' fix the problem Nothing has changed in our household either. The website says we should receive an email notifying us when we get close to the 150 gb but we have NEVER received an email warning. Now when I go to check the usage I am getting billed for, it won't even show me the overage charges. I am sick of AT&T and the constant problems I am having.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it clearly shows that my internet is billed based on the calander month, and not my billing cycle.. AND, due to the 4 day lag, it is not until after the 5th that I can see this months (4 days old) usage report.

I was unable to view my usage on the fifth, but I can now view it on the sixth. (Not that anyone asked, but 5 whole gigs of recorded usage so far. And, that does sound to me like about right. I likes me some you tube vidios, and watching certain tv shows I fancy.)

Another customer, sharing my opinion and experiance.

Hope you fare well.

@sheldust2, thumbs up on the name and password change on your router.

Another thought occours to me, and I mention it reluctantly.. have you checked to make sure no one has an extra wire hooked up to your connection box? It is rare, but i have heard of folks doing that, and using your phone to make calls, etc. (I know, you are dsl only.. but hey, a signal is a signal)  If you have a mobile phone that access your wi-fi, they can burn up data in their backgroud due to even a do nothing app.

Just trying to cover all the bases i can think of.

Hope you find your data pirate, and quickly.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Constent problem since June for me. Nothing has changed. I have even stopped using the dsl and it still says we are going over on days we have all devices turned off of our dsl. Im using my cell phone (different provider) as a wireless hotspot for my laptop. We are so sick of it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.