cm1088's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 5th, 2015 10:17 PM

Being lied to. What would you do?

I wanted to give AT&T the benefit of doubt but am finally fed up.

In February, my grandparents inquired about promotions for their high speed internet. They're almost 90 and don't use internet much, just to check email, so they want the cheapest possible. They had an intro price of $14.95 and the representative said she would extend that for 12 months. Next month rolls around and it's not reflected on their bill so I call for them. The representative said she saw that the promotion was applied to my account but it takes a few billing cycles to show up so she mannually credits my account. Ok great. Then April comes and same thing happens again. I call again and expressed concern over whether this was actually applied the account. The woman I spoked with, I still have her name, said that the promotion was definitely applid to my account but it takes 2-3 billing cycles to be applied. She credited my account once again for the difference and told me to call back next month if I had any further issues. Well of course, we just got the bill for May and it's not applied. This time I called, the woman I spoke with did a complete 360 and claimed that nothing was applied to my account even though we spoke to 3 separate people on 3 separte occasions and they all said it was.

I contacted ATTCustomerCare through this forum and they basically said that these representatives told me something wrong, that they didn't have this promotion running right now, and that they couldn't do anything about it.  Well then, why would 2 different representatives credit my account if this promotion didn't exist? Ok fine, people make mistakes but all 3 of them? And even so, if I was promised this by every single one of them, can't AT&T uphold their promise?

At the end of the day, the amount in question is small (though it feels substantial for my elderly grandparents). That isn't even an issue. I just feel duped having called them so many times and being lied to. 

I have the President's Office number and will give them a call in the morning to file a complaint. I know I should probably stop wasting time on this but my grandparents feel lied to and that makes me very upset to see them taken advantage of.

What would you do?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, they have a bundle and it was installed prior to January. They were offered a extension of this pricing for 12 months. But the point of frustration isn't the price. It's that they were offered this and it was confirmed by 3 separate representatives over the span of 3 months. They even manually credited the account for the difference. Then all of a sudden, it's like I made this up.

I called the Office of the President line and they are assisting me. I would recommend everyone with similar frustrations to bypass customer service at all costs.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

WOW!!!

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Just file a Federal Trade Commission complaint for consumers.

ATT just throw random fees in without telling the customers.

Ridiculous service. I'm paying $78 dollars for mine 24 Mbps which only runs about 13 Mbps
Might as well switch to google fiber, that offers 1 GIGABYTE per sec for $70

Simple as that

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Also, every one in the customer service has their own story. One person offers this price, the other person offers another. ATT is just full of lies !

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Ok don't just tell about the charges going off your book.
Fix the stupid problem and get your prices right .

ATT customer representatives is better liar than Pinocchio

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Tell me about it. The worst part was the last customer service "manager" I talked to who insinuated that I made all this up and was making demands. How ridiculous.

It's a shame the AT&T customers have to resort to reporting issues to the FCC to get it resolved, especially something as simple as this.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

To all of you who complain about ATT Customer service I would offer this advice. Whenever you call any company to discuss your business with them have your issues on paper in front of you, don't try to solve your problems off the top of your head. Take names, know who you are talking to and what department you are connected to. Talking service issues with the sales department wastes everybody's time. Keep notes on the date, the issue discussed, the committments made and by whom. If your expectations are not met and you call back to complain but cannot say who you talked to and when you've lost half the battle right there. And if you want to escallate be business like, thank the rep you are working with for their help and ask to be connected to someone up the chain of command who might have more influence on your case. Don't blow your top, don't stoop to insults and threats and don't think that if you had a problem that required attention at a higher level before all your dealing with that company will now start at that higher level. Take responsibility, be a wise consumer and act like an adult.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for stating the obvious. But that's just the problem. What do you do when you're promised something verbally but the rep doesn't record it in the system? Will the next rep care that you talked to Jennifer at 10AM last Thursday and you were told XYZ? No. It's your word against their system's. There's no accountability on anyone's part. In the end, I was able to get my problem resolved the way I wanted but had to go all the way up the chain of command to get such a silly issue fixed. They even acknowlodged that their reps can get scared or nervous and promise customers things they shouldn't. Isn't that great? But since it's all said and done, I'll stop beating a dead horse and forget this ever happened. All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not a AT&T customer myself. End of story.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.