For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
kmeigel16's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 4:33 AM

Any info on internet for $10 a month if you recieve assistance

I recieve assistance for my family based on my income from my job just seen an ad advertisement on tv for $10 a month how can i apply any info?

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

If you are retired an only have Social Security as a source of income are you eligible for the AT&T Access program. I have no SNAP or SSI, just regular Social Security.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

The key criteria is, someone is getting food stamps. (SNAP)

There are others, but if you don't get snap, then they really don't matter.

You can click on the link if mythoughts post, and it will take you to the application site with all the qualifies.

I have it. As long as you have food stamps, it's easy to get.

Oh. before i forget, COMCAST has a program called internet essentials for seniors, and if you live in a certain part of the country (sorry, I don't know which) and you are on social security, You can qualify for it. (Normally, they require school age kids on the supliments food program from their local school. But, they are testing a pilot program for seniors.

the web site, cheapinternet.com lists the details for it, and other disadvantaced folks and programs.

here is the direct link to the story:   http://www.cheapinternet.com/internet-essentials-conducting-pilot-program-for-seniors 

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your answer. Sorry getting back to so late but I thought I would get an email indicating that there was an answer to my question. Alas, no email but I saw your reply when I came back to ask another question.

Much obliged,

Robert

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My Name is Gina.  I want to know if you recieve Childsupport will you qualify for the service?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

The ONLY  main entittlement criteria for the 10 dollars per month internet access is for someone in the household to receive food stamps, aka SNAP.

I can understand your confustion, however, as there are lifeline cell phone OR a home phone service discounts available, and their criteria is one of several public assistance criteria.

The key differance, one applies to voice phone service, and the 10 dollar one applies to wired internet service.

If you click the link for information on ATT's Access program, it will take you thru all the needed requirments, and an application to fill out, which will be evaluated and if approved, will contact you to set up service. (When i applied, it only took 72 hours.)

Good luck.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

What no one has mentioned is that apparently you have to be a current customer as well, at least that is what an AT&T customer service rep just let me know when I called to try to set the 10$ internet. My household qualifies in every other way snaps ssi and school lunch program but we can't afford to spend the money they require to set up an account and services. What a joke, we'll help our customers only.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

So my advise, interested customers should search "Access Program" in the search box that is the only way I found it on the att website, also dont call they dont know what they are talking about, not until you've followed the online steps at least

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Feeling frustrated I Tried to get it set up since my promotion has ended and im in the rears of getting service disconnected because my bill is never right. I feel like im getting the run around with this

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

The number for information related to the Access program is:855.220.5211

The main number can not provide information about the discounted internet service. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I get food stamps how do I get the internet for 10 dollars a month
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.