Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 3, 2014
10:23:29 AM
View profile
AWFUL Customer Service
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 3, 2014 at 11:10:59 AM

Yesterday I chatted with a rep (I was at work so I could not call, but I like to chat so that I can print transcripts).  Actually 2.  My issue went from minor.....to MAJOR.  I called to see why my autodraft payment for May did not draft.  They never even took the payment.  I even tried to verify in April that they would autodraft the payment sine I re-set up autopay.  I was assured it would.  Well, it did not.  Because our router (another issue) is not working properly, I did not even realize our service was interrupted.  Long story short, all i wanted to do was to figure out the now past due balance and get service reconnected so that we could work on the router issue.  I was "given" a credit by the first rep to make ammends for the screw up with autopay.  So i authorized him to take payment fot the remainder.  He never did.  So, I try again.  This time I get a guy that I can hardly understand.  I explain to him that I just need to take care of the past due balance and gave him the total.  I also asked about the credit from the first guy, and he said he saw it. So he verifies the payment method.  He sends me a chat that says something along the lines of you are giving ATT permission to charge blah balh blah... but instead of the amount I approved 3 or more times before in text, he was set up to charge the full amount (past due and current).  This was more than double what I authorized.  In the middle of me typing my reply,  I get a notification from my bank saying the full amount was already drafted.  Oh, no problem he "says".  I fix it.  Then I get another notification from my bank with that amount I approved originally.  So now, I am drafted for more than 3 times the amount I originally approved.  He says he will cancel the debit and it will be returned to my account in 1-2 hours. HA HA HA.  He even says that he will call me back to verify.  OK. I'm TICKED but what can I do? I constantly check my account, and no money.  He does call me back and tells me that it is done.  I explained that he was wrong and that my account was still showing the debit.  He says 1-2 more hours and that he will call me in the morning...which he has not.  I decide to call again, this time I find out that it will be 24-48 hours and possibly as long as 3-5 business days before I am returned the money I never authorized them to draft.  And on top of all of that, my balance still said past due.  This guy tells me that he does not see the  credit I was supposed to have been given, but he will credit me.... ANYWAY, I GUESS MY STORY IS NOT SHORT!  I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY MONEY BACK IN MY ACCOUNT.  THIS MISTAKE THIS PERSON MADE COULD END UP COSTING ME MORE THAN THE MISTAKE DID INITIALLY.  IF I OVERDRAFT, SO HELP ME.... (AND WHAT EVER REP IS LUCKY ENOUGH TO ANSWER MY CALL).  I am looking at different providers.  Where we live, I dont have many choices.  But at this point, most anything is better than AT&T.  The customer service reps are incompetent and ignorant.  This is not the first issue I have had, just the latest, and the last.  It's funny how they can draft within seconds (authorized or not), but to repay me, it will take days.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Yesterday I chatted with a rep (I was at work so I could not call, but I like to chat so that I can print transcripts).  Actually 2.  My issue went from minor.....to MAJOR.  I called to see why my autodraft payment for May did not draft.  They never even took the payment.  I even tried to verify in April that they would autodraft the payment sine I re-set up autopay.  I was assured it would.  Well, it did not.  Because our router (another issue) is not working properly, I did not even realize our service was interrupted.  Long story short, all i wanted to do was to figure out the now past due balance and get service reconnected so that we could work on the router issue.  I was "given" a credit by the first rep to make ammends for the screw up with autopay.  So i authorized him to take payment fot the remainder.  He never did.  So, I try again.  This time I get a guy that I can hardly understand.  I explain to him that I just need to take care of the past due balance and gave him the total.  I also asked about the credit from the first guy, and he said he saw it. So he verifies the payment method.  He sends me a chat that says something along the lines of you are giving ATT permission to charge blah balh blah... but instead of the amount I approved 3 or more times before in text, he was set up to charge the full amount (past due and current).  This was more than double what I authorized.  In the middle of me typing my reply,  I get a notification from my bank saying the full amount was already drafted.  Oh, no problem he "says".  I fix it.  Then I get another notification from my bank with that amount I approved originally.  So now, I am drafted for more than 3 times the amount I originally approved.  He says he will cancel the debit and it will be returned to my account in 1-2 hours. HA HA HA.  He even says that he will call me back to verify.  OK. I'm TICKED but what can I do? I constantly check my account, and no money.  He does call me back and tells me that it is done.  I explained that he was wrong and that my account was still showing the debit.  He says 1-2 more hours and that he will call me in the morning...which he has not.  I decide to call again, this time I find out that it will be 24-48 hours and possibly as long as 3-5 business days before I am returned the money I never authorized them to draft.  And on top of all of that, my balance still said past due.  This guy tells me that he does not see the  credit I was supposed to have been given, but he will credit me.... ANYWAY, I GUESS MY STORY IS NOT SHORT!  I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY MONEY BACK IN MY ACCOUNT.  THIS MISTAKE THIS PERSON MADE COULD END UP COSTING ME MORE THAN THE MISTAKE DID INITIALLY.  IF I OVERDRAFT, SO HELP ME.... (AND WHAT EVER REP IS LUCKY ENOUGH TO ANSWER MY CALL).  I am looking at different providers.  Where we live, I dont have many choices.  But at this point, most anything is better than AT&T.  The customer service reps are incompetent and ignorant.  This is not the first issue I have had, just the latest, and the last.  It's funny how they can draft within seconds (authorized or not), but to repay me, it will take days.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

AWFUL Customer Service

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 12:02:31 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, hbradshawtx!

Thanks for your post. I am very sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would be happy to review your account and get everything straightened out, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, hbradshawtx!

Thanks for your post. I am very sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would be happy to review your account and get everything straightened out, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AWFUL Customer Service

2 of 2 (442 Views)