For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Kay2243's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 21st, 2016 10:05 PM

access internet

Do you have to have a land line phone in order to get the low income access internet?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Kay2243

You can learn more about the program by going here -

https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access

I briefly skimmed the FAQ questions and I don't think I saw anything mentioning that. However, I don't think you would be required to have landline phone services to qualify.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

You do NOT need to have home phone service to get dsl internet (if available in your area) BUT, you do have to have a phone wire connection to your house.

Even the u-verse system uses a phone wire connection, even if it does not have phone service.

In any case, home phone service is independant of the discount internet offer.

Only available in one of the 21 states ATT has service in.. obviously, someone in the house much get SNAP/food stamps, and att internet service (dsl or u-verse) must be available in your location.

You do NOT need to be a currant customer to get the discount, and the great news is, as long as you qualify otherwise, currant active customers are also eligable to have the discount applied to their service.

All other qualifiers being in place, if your present service is not is not wired right for internet, they will hook up the needed equipment and lines needed for your internet. (And, at no service charge.. all part of the service.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.