A

• 

25.7K Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 9:51 PM

What's the address to send complaints about credit inquiry?

I just applied for a basic Internet service and got a hard pull on my credit report.

I am paying for the device in full which means I am not leasing the Modem and I am paying for the service each month beforehand so there is not actually any need for a credit inquiry as AT&T is not lending me any money or equipment.

I want to send the company a letter to complain about this unauthorized unnecessary credit inquiry. What address should I use to send my mail?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, samic130!

Thanks for posting. The credit check is a standard procedure that takes place anytime a new account is established. We would be happy to address any concerns you may have, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Credit check is there to help lenders to determine whether the person is going to give back or not.

As I said, I'm not leasing the modem and AT&T is not lending me money or anything else.

'Openning account' doesn't give permission to run credit inquiry. The same way that Gmail can't do a credit check everytime you open an account with them.

BTW that was not an answer to my question.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I applied for Internet access & home phone. My credit score above 720. I wanted Samsung S6. I am about to apply for home loan. so have been working on my credit score diligently. keep card balance down to less than 15% not apply for any loans whatsoever so I can keep my credit score at excellent & save thousand of dollar in interest rate for home loan. So when ATT rep informed me there will be acredit check if I want to buy Samsung Galaxy S6, I told him I dont want it & dont want to bundle home phone internet & wireless becuase I dont want hard inquiry on my credit. this Indian rep start asking my aout effect of credit inquiries and I educated him. He was a supervisor. He assured several time If I placed utility order only there will be no credit check. & I was thinking about paying outright cash $900 for Samsung Galaxy S6. Does that show you how much I guard my credit scor. I never provided my SSN. I check my credit report & there it was a hard inquiry from AT&T.This was blatant lie & illegal at the best.

I dont know where AT&T finds these people who are not only un-educated about US systems but are liers & would do naything to ear commission or show progress..

I am very furrious about this situation

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.