Tigereyze209's profile

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

Friday, July 31st, 2015 2:01 PM

The new low income plan

To be honest, I am not really sure which would be the proper forum to post this in, but since it's internet related, I'll try there, and if it needs to be moved, by all means, lets move it.

Okay, here goes.  I am interested in details about the low income internet service.

I am presantly a DSL and home phone service customer. I am a vet, almost 60, and receive food stamps, aka SNAP.

I tried calling, asking for info, but all they could tell me is, information will be forthcomming, but not announced yet.

This seems to be an excellent place for getting info about ATT, so, here I am, asking.

ANY feedback and information would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Tigereyze209 🙂

The link below describes some of the details, not sure if it will change from then and now:

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Promises-5-Broadband-to-Seal-DirecTV-Merger-134402

Hope this helps and I hope this is what you were looking for.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Sigh: the part about not being a customer for 6 months or more pretty much kills me.

Granted, I COULD have the phone and internet shut off for 6 months, but what a hastle just to save a few bucks, and even then, only four years at most.

But, thats pretty much covered in the saying: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..."

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Okay.. just a refresher to ask again, if there is any information available about the plan for low income folks on food stamps to get 5 dollar per month internet service yet? (The one prommised to be implimented as part of the now approved ATT/Directv merger.)

Thank you.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Just an update to anyone else following this thread:

I recently found out the the FCC's deadline for implementation of the 5$ - 10$ internet discount plan for folks on food stamps (SNAP) is April of 2016.

About all i know new, but thought i'd share that at least.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

I found this article online, which lists areas that are probably eligable for the snap discount internet.

http://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/att-high-speed-low-cost-internet-low-income-americans

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.