For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
disabled19's profile

Observer

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 27th, 2016 6:16 PM

Supervisor gave me the secret disabled rate and now AT&T is stealing 18 dollars a month again

AT&T are theives and liars. They steal whenever they can. For years they withheld information from me that I as a disabled person did not have to pay $42 dollars per month for the speed of internet I need. They lied said that is the lowest rate. So my doctor called the supervisor about 2 months ago and got a supervisor to give me $24 dollars as the rate or $24.95 that worked for a minute. Now since AT&T had direct access to my bank account they stole $10 this month. I have .86 left for the month. Thats 4 days living on .86 cents. 

Just got the e-mail which says on 6/13/16 they will sneak into my bank and steal again. Now they have bumped my rate uup to 42 dollars.

My father was a lawyer so I know when you accept payment at $24.95 its a contract as soon as that check is cashed. Therefore as usual they are in breach of their agreed contract. There is a reason they have no brick and mortor stores offices I can visit. So they can steal. How do I get to talk to a human AT&T worker supervisor to restore our agreed payment contract of $24.95 or $24 dollars? It takes hours on the phone, the workers lie and say $42 is the cheapest possibly they are not allowed to know there is a disabled low income rate for us.  Surely a corporation so very wealthy can keep its word or offer a disabled rate. All other utilities such as PG&E have this ability. Anybody know how to cut through the hour plus it takes to speak to a human on AT&T? Anybody know a speciall number I have to call? Anybody else ripped off regularly by this corporation? My doctor has been ripped off several times. Thanks and please let me know how to keep my 18 dollars next month. I need food and so does my animal companion.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Actually they do have brick and mortar stores. There are like 50 in my metro area. Also, you did not sign a contract by paying your first bill. Your post is a bunch of nonsense. being disabled doesn't mean you should be disgruntled. You claim AT&T is stealing yet you still have their service probly because you swore off their competitors because they wouldn't give you a "special" deal.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@Apollo1111

Exactly, the worst part is that disabled19's discount is being provided by customers 

that pay the full retail price like myself. Unless your disability is so serious that it keeps you from working and is physical, I have NO sympathy.

[Please keep it courteous]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I take offense to ham3843's comment.  I worked for SBC, then it merged back to AT&T.  It was a great place to work till the merge.  We did have an unadvertised price for the low income population.  It was kept hush, hush.  It was up to our own discrection on whether to offer it to a client.  It has to be typed by a backfill manager.  I am now "disabled" due to a car accident.  I called to re-rate my internet recently, and they refused to acknowledge that there was anything lower than 42.00.  I don't know what to do about it.  It's possible that they don't offer it anymore.  I am driving down to my old office and talking to someone from my floor.  AND, Ham.......  I wouldnt be judging others if I were you.  You might find yourself in our position some day.

Just a suggestion!

Trust me when I say "YOU are NOT paying for" anyone elses service.  The CEO made upward of 46 million c2005 or 2006. I saw it with my own eyes. They can afford a discount now and then. 🙂  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.