For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Booth_1's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 1:26 AM

Port Landline - Keep Dsl

I wish to port a landline to a at&t go phone and not have my dsl go down. The landline is my Grandfathers account with at&t. My account is at&t u verse internet only stand alone. Both accounts share the same line.

Will my dsl go down if I port the landline?

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Booth_1@  wrote:

I wish to port a landline to a at&t go phone and not have my dsl go down. The landline is my Grandfathers account with at&t. My account is at&t u verse internet only stand alone. Both accounts share the same line.

Will my dsl go down if I port the landline?

I don't think you can have two separate accounts as you describe. You may be paying the bill for the Uverse, but if your Grandfather had landline service already and Uverse Internet was added, then the Uverse is your Grandfathers account as well.

Unless "Account Responsibility" has been officially transferred to you, I don't think you will be able to port the number, or change service to that line. Your Grandfather has to do it.

You can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be persistent) and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department. They should be able to help you or atleast let you know what your options are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The U-Verse account and the landline account are seperate. They don't share the same account number. U-verse is in my name - Landline in my Granfathers name. I looked at the landline bill and there is no dsl on that account. I have been paying the bill for my Granfathers landline for over 10 years.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.