Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 8, 2013
8:29:21 AM
View profile
Intalling Wifi?
Hi I still have Dial-Up (yeah I know living in the stone age) and am interested in the near future getting Wifi and I was wondering if I get Wifi if I have to have broadband first or how that works? I want to make the switch to high speed Internet so I can stream videos and make big downloads of files like videos I want to save. If I have to get broadband then I take it that I get a wireless router from Radioshack or someplace then?  And whatever the case how much would it cost for me to have someone from AT&T come out to my house and install the hardware to use it? How much does the labor cost to have that done? And I have AOL and was wondering if I get AT&T High Speed Internet if I can keep AOL as my home page and email and instant messenger and bookmarks? And if so how does that work? Do I have to pay both AOL and AT&T every month or just AT&T if I keep AOL as my home page and all that? Yeah I am pretty illiterate when it come to this stuff.Smiley Sad
Hi I still have Dial-Up (yeah I know living in the stone age) and am interested in the near future getting Wifi and I was wondering if I get Wifi if I have to have broadband first or how that works? I want to make the switch to high speed Internet so I can stream videos and make big downloads of files like videos I want to save. If I have to get broadband then I take it that I get a wireless router from Radioshack or someplace then?  And whatever the case how much would it cost for me to have someone from AT&T come out to my house and install the hardware to use it? How much does the labor cost to have that done? And I have AOL and was wondering if I get AT&T High Speed Internet if I can keep AOL as my home page and email and instant messenger and bookmarks? And if so how does that work? Do I have to pay both AOL and AT&T every month or just AT&T if I keep AOL as my home page and all that? Yeah I am pretty illiterate when it come to this stuff.Smiley Sad
Accepted Solution

Intalling Wifi?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 18, 2013 9:36:19 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Here is a good place to start: AT&T Internet Service

And here: AT&T U-Verse Internet

You don't have to pay for AOL and AT&T, and you can keep your AOL email and home page.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Here is a good place to start: AT&T Internet Service

And here: AT&T U-Verse Internet

You don't have to pay for AOL and AT&T, and you can keep your AOL email and home page.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Intalling Wifi?

2 of 2 (826 Views)
Solution