Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 24, 2012
3:57:24 PM
View profile
IS the land line phone required for DSL?

Considering dropping the line line to my house but wonder if it affects the FastDSL service.  IS the land line phone required for DSL?

Are there additional charges that apply?

Considering dropping the line line to my house but wonder if it affects the FastDSL service.  IS the land line phone required for DSL?

Are there additional charges that apply?

Accepted Solution

IS the land line phone required for DSL?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 25, 2012 8:49:39 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

You can get DSL service without a home phone. Here is a link to more information: http://www.att.com/dsl/shop/plansDirect.jsp?showUnqualifiedIPDSLAM=&promoCode=&wtLinkName=Get_DSL_No...

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: IS the land line phone required for DSL?

2 of 5 (11,113 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 4, 2015 10:28:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You must have the physical wire installed to get DSL, but no home phone service is needed. You may not get any discount bundles for JUST the DSL service, but, that is what you will pay once the discount expires anyways. Or, maybe you will get lucky, and get a discount on a single service. Good luck, either way;

You must have the physical wire installed to get DSL, but no home phone service is needed. You may not get any discount bundles for JUST the DSL service, but, that is what you will pay once the discount expires anyways. Or, maybe you will get lucky, and get a discount on a single service. Good luck, either way;

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (4,721 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2016 7:19:58 AM
(0)
Contributor
I was told that it was required to have home phone to get dsl in my home. I never use the phone and they were billing me $70 month and I wanted to cancell service. Once i called to cancell a lady told me she could just remove the phone services and let me keep just the DSL. Will that affect me being able to use a wireless router???
I was told that it was required to have home phone to get dsl in my home. I never use the phone and they were billing me $70 month and I wanted to cancell service. Once i called to cancell a lady told me she could just remove the phone services and let me keep just the DSL. Will that affect me being able to use a wireless router???

4 of 5 (451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2016 10:42:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (400 Views)