Posted Jan 26, 2014
2:25:51 PM
I have a rather strange problem.

When I run "Check Connection", I get:

image0001.jpg

Notice the IP test failed, yet I can still connect to websites and download files.  POP Peeper is unable to check my mail tho.

I'm running Firefox 27.0 beta on Windows XP Pro w/ SP3. My modem is a Netgear 6200,.

When I run "Check Connection", I get:

image0001.jpg

Notice the IP test failed, yet I can still connect to websites and download files.  POP Peeper is unable to check my mail tho.

I'm running Firefox 27.0 beta on Windows XP Pro w/ SP3. My modem is a Netgear 6200,.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 28, 2014 12:57:16 PM
(0)
Community Manager

If this is what you're seeing under Details (screnshot below), your modem support IPv6 format and checks for available IPv6 tunnel, but your DSL service doesn't support IPv6, so it fails. This is the information I gathered online, I'm not sure if it's related to POP Peeper issue, but general advice I see is to ignore failed test result.

IP failed.PNG

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

I have a rather strange problem.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 28, 2014 12:57:16 PM
(0)
Community Manager

If this is what you're seeing under Details (screnshot below), your modem support IPv6 format and checks for available IPv6 tunnel, but your DSL service doesn't support IPv6, so it fails. This is the information I gathered online, I'm not sure if it's related to POP Peeper issue, but general advice I see is to ignore failed test result.

IP failed.PNG

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

IP failed.PNG

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: I have a rather strange problem.

2 of 3 (738 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 1:08:27 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ok.

Incidently,  Preferred protocol is set to IPv4 (default).

Ok.

Incidently,  Preferred protocol is set to IPv4 (default).

Re: I have a rather strange problem.

3 of 3 (732 Views)